ANy female 25 - 35 would like to meet?

Fabricio the Guido

Are there any ladies on the site today? All this testosterone is making me nauseous. Guys, why are you even reading this thread? Just out of interest, when reading the lonely hearts section in the papers do you (a) go straight to the "women seeking men" or (b) the "men seeking women" section or © do you go to another section ?

I think leaglebeagle's very much of the fairer sex, but I could be worng ;-)

It may be that these ladies don't want the full glare of publicity from your heartfelt but very public entreaty.

My lady friends have often told me that they're not at all enthusiastic about metting strangers 1:2:1, particularly if they're local and might embarassingly encounter them repeatedly in Sainsbury's.

Hence they would prefer to attend social events that allow them to gain a comforting first-impression before risking it all.

Why don't you try those? A quick glance at 'What's On in ED' offers the Curry Club, Forum Drinks, The Goose is Out, Backgammon, Language Lounge, Role Playing, Drawing Club, Weds Night Book Club and a Choir.

In fact, with all those great options, a lady could be forgiven for wondering about your motivation for enforcing a strict 1:2:1 policy?

If the ladies you seek would like to see social skills in their beaux, then what better place to prove them then at an event?

@ Huguenot, a pedant with a heart! How cool. Thanks for the tip. I'll bear that in mind. Unfortunately, I lack for social skills and find that in front of a computer screen my personality knows no boundaries, with the help of google I sound erudite, sophisticated, even well travelled ( Chamonix ? Really, now!). And then there is the slight issue of my over all appearance. Hideous does not even begin to describe it. So you see with the odds firmly stacked against me, I thought , I would meet some naive( should that be jejune?) kind lady with a sense of humour who would like to have a drink and a chat. I don't do groups. I don't especially like people unless thay are liberal, arty, cosmopolitan and open minded. Irony? I have the same dread of bumping into someone from the forum in the supermarket or in a local pub. I have just mustered up enough courage to post this and the response from the blokes has shown that yes men do like to swing their bits about to prove dominance. What is it that Satre says about other people? I do like this forum and I love reading it and have been reading it for a while now. But to be stuck in a lift with the hang wringing preciousness of it all!! You see, that's why I don't go out. ( wipe's spittle from his reptilian lips)

Ps. I love the internet!

Ah, but Fabricio, while Sartre's character may have said what he said, that same character chose to stay in that particular hell, rather than leave les autres behind when the choice was given him.

So is this really what Sartre thought, or simply what his character Garcin thought? In the same way that when Shakespeare wrote "neither a borrower nor a lender be", he placed those words in the mouth of Polonius, a foolish old man. Did Shakespeare really think it so terrible to borrow a shilling for a piss up in a brewery?

What I think we can learn from this is that my boss is out of the office, so I'm fannying about with literary pedantry, instead of working super-dooper hard. But I always liked Huis Clos so I applaud you and your reptilian lips for that.

KalamityKel Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Huguenot have you been drinking eggnog or

> something?... you're rather likeable today :) (not

> that you aren't usually just more so right now of

> course!)

Asolutely agree. Am beginning to really like you Huguenot, Merry Xmas!

*scratches ear and looks doubtfully at Fabricio before looking suspiciously at KalamityKel and zeban*

Even if you were as unusual and assymetrically shaped as you claim, you should recall that even Quasimodo only found love after his first public appearance.

Besides, as covered on another thread, in general women seem to put looks at a rather low priority when choosing partners. Perhaps you're judging yourself inappropriately?

Instead right there at the top are commitment and social skills, both of which you'll struggle to demonstrate from behind your keyboard.

If nothing else, you might get a 'pity' shag. ;-)

@ RosieH are you referencing " The Death of the Author"? Cool. ( I knew all those hours in the library were not wasted). You are spot on. I am faffing, when I should be making some serious Christmas plans. I think meaning lies somewhere between the text and the reader.

@H, but I have missed the christmas party already haven't I? But when you are right, you are right. Ok, I shall work on my social skills and summon up the courage to attend the next event.

PS: any ladies who'd like a picture of any random hollywood star can PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Haha, Fabricio, I wasn't. But I'm delighted to learn that I'm thinking on a similar intellectual plane to Roland Barthes. Yes sir, cheese my baby.

Oh, and actually I meant that I was fannying about. I applaud your slightly perverse world-view that has led you to this non-ccnformist approach to dating.

Huguenot Wrote:

>

> Besides, as covered on another thread, in general

> women seem to put looks at a rather low priority

> when choosing partners. Perhaps you're judging

> yourself inappropriately?

>

> Instead right there at the top are commitment and

> social skills, both of which you'll struggle to

> demonstrate from behind your keyboard.

Bollox! It's all about a firm arse, strong arms and plenty of stamina.