nissan leaf electric car

Dickensman

Oh get over yourself, you're just cross because many of your assertions turned out to have no basis in truth....

'Most of us can only afford one car' NER 7m 'second' cars in the UK.

'unless they can [] roll out a huge number of charging stations... battery powered cars are going to struggle' NER even the 100 mile Leaf would only need charging once a week on average

'Because current PCs and TVs are fit for purpose. This car is not.' NER it's purpose is a city runabout for which it is manifestly fit

I don't know where you get the 'insult' thing from. Describing something that's snide is not an insult. Describing someone's attitude as 'daft' is hardly reaching a new heights of profanity.

The fact is Jeremy, mate, is that all the abuse is coming from you.

You even use 'Google' like an insult, as if exploring facts was something to be scornful of. You really think that elevates you to being some authority on balanced debating skills?

*shakes head*

I really hope electric (whether battery or hydrogen cell) cars take off, and I do think they will. But I (along with many others) won't be buying a battery powered car until there are plentiful charging points - or of course I have a house with a driveway. The range needs to be enough to visit friends and family, and the price needs to be affordable.

I don't think that is selfish, these are just realistic requirements in my eyes. I really don't have any desire to go round in circles again, while you repeat the length of the average car journey!

I don't know where you get the 'insult' thing from... nothing further to add on that one either.