Advice needed - nursery for under 2's

Lakey01

Hello all,

I am hoping to move to ED in in the next 6 months or so, and we are due to have our first baby in June.

I am planning on going back to work so I am wanting to look at nurseries as soon as possible, given the infamous ED problems with places!

I am already going to see Peckham Rye Asquiths, but wondered if anyone had alternative recommendations, as I would prefer to take a look at a few to get more information and make an informed decision. The two main criteria (which are going to make things pretty restrictive I know!)

- places from 9 months old (at the oldest)

- hours of 8am to 6pm at a minimum

Any information, good or bad, would be gratefully received and thanks very much in advance :)

And happy new year!

Sally

when i was looking for a place for my boy i didn't like asquiths. i found it too clinical and businesslike, but i know some people on here really like it. i went to have a look around mother goose on the same road as asquiths and loved it! i think the best bet is to get your name down for as many as possible. i put ours down at easter and still haven't had a call back from any of them. good luck. (there's always childminders which i personally prefer when they are little anyway)

We've got two daughters at Mother Goose (the Greendale one but the Waveney Avenue and Upland Road ones look fab too). Our youngest was in there from 4 months - I know :'(:'(

But they both love it - our youngest (now one year old) loves all the cuddles and our eldest gets to play with her lots while enjoying time with her own age group too.

Have a look at their website - they just got an outstanding Ofsted for the Greendale site and I can understand why:

- go kart/wagon/trike race track around the nursery

- huge veg/fruit patch that they regularly cook from

- masses of diversity, celebrating every festival under the sun

- guinea pigs and rabbits (fox proof!)

- cookery, French, music,dance lessons

etc etc etc

I'm not on the payroll in any way btw - just evangelical as it's a such a relief that the girls are in good hands. They have lots of parental get togethers too and quite a few of the parents are on here.

We've made lots of friends - both for the girls and the grown-ups. It gets a bit daunting at birthday times (have an RSI from the party bags alone), but is all good.

Oh - and they're open 8-6pm, Monday to Friday.