Bedroom / Playroom Makeover!

So....we are in the throws of changing one of the girls bedrooms into a playroom now they are happily sleeping in 1 room.

Thinking about more storage - mostly for books - has anyone bought any of these from Argos - and if so are they any good?

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/8754365/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CHome+and+furniture%7C14417894/c_2/2%7C14417894%7CChildren%27s+furniture%7C14418110/c_3/3%7Ccat_14418110%7CChildren%27s+storage+and+toy+boxes%7C14418113.htm

My hubby is convinced they will fall apart within weeks, but would be great if they are OK as we can put a few together to create loads of storage.

Edited to add....is there anywhere around here that sells really nice bookcases - not the childrens style ones where the books go in with the cover facing out, but the type where the spines show? Preferably not the sort that require home assembly!

Also - any recommendations for either beanbags or zbeds that are particularly good?

If anyone has one of those Ikea storage units that look a bit like steps that they want to sell I'd be interested - can't face going to Purley Way!

We almost always buy second hand furniture. I can't stand the laminated MDF type of stuff esp for kids as it chips and most of the time I think it's overpriced for what it is. Ebay or any of the 'junk' shops will have something you could give a lick of paint and bob's yer uncle. There's a nice Boori one on ebay for ?100 at the mo (based in Lewisham).

Pleeease don't buy those - your husband is correct. We bought them :'(and they were a disaster !!

Sad thing is we should have learned our lesson - we have bought furniture from Argos and same result each and

every time ! I would also say second hand furniture and IKEA - a pest to get to but definitely more worthwhile than

Argos - with IKEA you get to 'try before you buy' things are on display and you get to prod and poke at things.

Argos is an adults lucky dip - you purchase it, its wrapped but you don't quite know what your going to get when

you get home.

You can revamp / adapt second hand furniture too ! Painting / stenciling / sanding - so it's clean, fresh

and co ordinates with the other furniture.