6 year old - night sweats

dullwitch

Can anyone tell me if it's normal for 6 -7 year old boys to sweat alot at night?

Although he was quite ill over Christmas, my son appears to be well now, and has been for a quite a few weeks.

In the last 3 or 4 nights, when I check on him around 10pm-ish, his hair is soaking wet with sweat. He doesn't feel overly hot to touch though.

I've also noticed he has a slight bumpy rash under his skin, but it doesn't seem to bother him.

Has anyone else experienced this with their child?

Many thanks

I know that both of my two can seem pretty sweaty during the night - especially my 2.5yr old who at times seems to have pretty damp hair where she's lying on it. I've always put it down to the fact that the heating is still on and she's got a duvet to keep her warm later in the night. She never complains of being hot.

If you've got any concerns though, why not give your doctors a call and ask even just to speak to them. Our surgery usually does this and it's a great way to run concerns past someone who knows - if anything really worries them, they'll tell you to come in for a proper appointment.

Thank you nunheadmum.

I think I will take him to the doctors as I checked the rash today and it's all over his body, little red spots. Maybe he has some sort of virus that only comes out at night.

Best to get it checked though.

Many thanks for your reply.

my 3 year old daughter started complaining of being 'sticky' at night over a period of a few weeks (but no temperature unless it was very slight), and at the same time she was intermittently coming out in hives which she'd never had before...she had had quite a bad cold and cough beforehand and during this period, and so i put it down to a particular viral infection. All symptoms have passed now and im none the wiser.

sorry not to be able to shed some light on the matter, but just to let you know weve experienced a somewhat similar thing... i would always go to the doctor myself though even if just to put my mind at ease.