The Montpelier on Choumert Road

rob

Mrs Rob had her birthday "do" there last night. It was a total triumph. Natasha and the people there are fantastically helpful and made the whole thing go with a significant, well-oiled bang. Much recommended, even if it is outside of God's Own Postcode.

My pals (of the SE15 variety) told me they went in and were over-serviced. They were pounced upon by a waitron, probably because it was empty, shown to a table, and had a service charge added to their drinks bill. That would cheese me off. Nero

Few other thread about the Montpelier (Lounged I think...) - but I think they have learnt a few lessons since their recent opening. Hope the initial feedback doesn't put people off what could be a great pub. Obviously service charge is optional - and can be declined Nero - I do agree that it should be put on menus / forewarned though

I think they have lots of space upstairs - so maybe potential for comedy / bands ?

I'm glad it went really well Rob - did they wheel out a birthday cake ?

I think it's a case of getting used to a diff way of thinking about pubs. The Montp offers table service - and why shouldn't someone be tipped for offering such? - but you don't have to use it. All I can say is that everyone there was lovely, they seved up great food, walloped a load of free drinks on top of the ones we'd pre-bought and ceremonially wheeled out the (Konditor & Cook) cake and (Pesh) flowers I'd had delivered earlier.

Also, the rest of the pub was full of very happy looking people enjoying delicious looking food. What's not to like?