Maxi Cosi cabriofix and isofix base ?40

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Latest Discussions

• And the Brockwell Park model is exactly what Southwark Council have in mind , if they can get away with it. As to the observation that festival- goers also like to have an event in 'pretty' surroundings; I am sure they do, why wouldn't they. It also arguably makes that event even more saleable/profitable. But the inherent contradiction that the event they attend then removes degrees of prettiness for others, not only during the event but for weeks afterwards, cannot be denied either.
    • At least it's only 3 days. Brockwell Park seems to have been properly taken over for weeks on end.
    • I think it's been said before that the organisers, and maybe the council feel that the dipped area where the event is held offers better acoustic protection. And it's also prettier - even people who dance to repetitive beats like to do so somewhere nice 🙂 Is there a legal/administrative issue around fencing off Common land that makes it easier to have it in the Park? I know they hold events on Clapham Common so that might suggest not... just wondering?? It's a very reasonable question about the evident correlation between more festivals and the diminishing number of nightclubs and music venues; it may be a factor but def not the only one. Gentrification and repopulation across inner and central London has caused problems around licensing and also meant that businesses that that rely on 5-6 hours of trade 3/4 nights a week struggle to compete economically in revitalised neighbourhoods.        
    • Sorry hear about your puppy. Sadly this is just the norm in all the parks and open spaces round here. Dogs off leash in areas signed as on leash only, and owners letting their dogs run pretty wild with no evident power of recall in the other areas.
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In