to whoever stole my childrens scooters

My kids stupidly left their scooters outside the house last night. They were birthday presents and yes, it was utterly stupid of us to leave them outside. They were stolen and now they are hwoling the house down. Clearly a lesson learned but I'd like to kick you in the shins.

that's a bit mean to bawdynan. a six year old is old enough to get their own hundred quid's worth of scooter in the door surely.

my four year old also got a black micro maxi with obligatory elastic bands nicked from the school bike shed. That really pissed me off.

How can a kids scooter cost ?100??? that's an insane amount of money for a scooter for a 6 year old. I doubt they care what brand/model it is or whether they've got the same as their friends! and if they do then god help them!

I'm not saying it deserved to be nicked, of course it didn't, but if it was an expensive one then that could be the reason why...

Perhaps this is a lesson not to buy 6 year old expensive stuff. Not that I'm not sympathising, it takes a certain type of s**t to nick a kids toy

I don't think my children are stupid. The action of leaving a loved thing outside in a city where everything is up for grabs is, objectively and taking the age of the child out of it, a pretty stupid thing to do - ie not well thought through, obviously going to have a bad outcome. I don't expect they'll do it again. I mentioned the word "stupid" because I assumed if I didn't some "kindly" soul would. It was a pre-emptive acknowledgement.

As for the cost of the scooters my daughter saved up her birthday, Christmas and pocket money to buy it herself and the other was my son's one gift for his birthday (as he keeps sobbingly pointing out). They're actually very good and easy to manage and easy to ride for my son who has balance problems and has difficulties using a two wheeler and riding a bike. We've had other scooters in the past (cheaper ones) and they've fallen to bits.

At school we use locks.

bawdy-nan

I'm really sorry your children's scooters got stolen, and that some people on here think it's an opportunity to show off their 'rapier wit'. We have all done things by mistake (I left my ipod in my car, not on show, but it got stolen of course!). The police were giving out microchip marking packs a while back, it may be worth getting in touch with them to see if they are still doing it. hopefully you'll be covered by home insurance this time.

hx

Sorry to hear about the theft, there really are some horrible people around, stealing from a child is unbelievable!

Please don't feel you need to justify the scooters, anyone with children know the micro/maxi scooters are the most popular and quite honestly it's irrelevant!! It's only a very small minority that have picked up on the price and passed judgement which quite frankly is uncalled for, irrelevant insensitive and none of their business!!

i spent 100 quid on my kid's scooter cos now i can get her to school in 7 mins as opposed to 20 - well worth it. we have had cheaper ones and they do fall apart and are also much more cumbersome for a 4 year old - she doesn't have to be persuaded on to her maxi. it is considered an essential item - but the cost of it and the need to care for it was stressed to the child.

there now. does that satisfy all the people on here who think some of us flippant and silly and indulgent parents?

probably not...

Are you sure they were 'stolen' and not just taken - assumed to be no longer wanted? I often leave no longer required items outside the front of the house so that if anyone else can use them they can take them.

Maybe put a note up on your gate explaining they were left out unintentionally and you might just be lucky and have them returned.

Then again.....

I think it is awful that this has happen, to your children they must be devastated to have loss there scooters and it is no one business what price you spend on your children?s scooter or any other item for you children hope you recover it.

It must be gutting and the sort of thing where you just want to turn back the clock.

Otoh, it might make the little ones really really understand that there are some nasty people around and, weirdly, that might come in handy. Sorry - I am tryingto find a good aspect of it :-(((

new mother Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It must be gutting and the sort of thing where you

> just want to turn back the clock.

> Otoh, it might make the little ones really really

> understand that there are some nasty people around

> and, weirdly, that might come in handy. Sorry - I

> am tryingto find a good aspect of it :-(((

So that's a good aspect is it?!

OR, it might teach your little ones to take care of their things better ;-)