flu vaccination offered by school

sweetgirl

Thank you. Absolutely agree. Like so many other things it is a risk:balance trade off. As per Saffron's post.

I also agree vaccines are not entirely without a chance of allergic reaction / illness post-vaccination etc. Again, lower risk than the potential harm from the illnesses themselves (even if you discount the being-a-good-member-of-society-by-contributing-to-herd-immunity argument)

TE44 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Jrj as a healthcare worker I am sure you must be

> aware of the information given to parents whose

> children have been vaccinated as there is a risk

> through shedding.Is this a risk that is

> acknowledge

> In your workplace. Below is the link 4,4.

>

> https://www.medicines.org.uk/emcmobile/medicine/29

> 112

@TE44, I don't mean to be rude, but... are you just pulling random links from the internet, or do you have at least a vague understanding of what they mean?

The BMJ article is about lack of transparency in scientific trials. The first author is Ben Goldacre, that I had already quoted as the author of Bad Science. You can also read aboutthe "All Trials" campaign. The point is that pharma companies are not transparent when it comes to clinical trials: if a trial fails to give the desired results, they don't say. AllTrials wants more transparency; a way could be forcing pharmas to declare the start of a trial, so that if they don't publish anything anyone can draw their conclusions. I have simplified a bit, but that's the gist of it. Unless I am missing something, I fail to see how this proves vaccines are dangerous.

The second link is very generic and is about conflicts of interest. Again, how is it relevant???

Do you know that big pharma has influenced, financed or interfered with major studies on the safety of vaccines? Don't forget that most vaccines are not particularly expensive, and that Big Pharma has the potential to make more money treating unvaccinated people!

What next? Any more totally unrelated and irrelevant links you feel the urge to share?

Hi TE44,

Your Cochrane review says: cumulative evidence from studies shows that the vaccine is good for children 2+, and there isn't much data about those under 2.

Here is a more recent review of LAIV (as you requested) in school-fed children: also good. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1586/14760584.2015.1078732

Plenty more by searching on Pubmed (abstracts available without journal subscriptions).

DL I am not just pulling links from internet. I have looked at this systen for nearly 40 years. For me the connections to the links are simple, I do not expect others to see the same way as me, everyone will have there own views, i do not wish to confuse anyone. Looking at the vaccines has taken me to look at many things in that system. Just like your body, a part can be isolated , eg sore foot, to find what is wrong you may have to look at another connectio .looking at my health and childrens health, with consideration we are part of a community, I see a system that holds back the truth is corrupt and refuses to help give any understanding between there wright and wrong stance. I think people should come to there own conclusions. This link I am about to put up is a case I have been following for years, I have posted it on this forum in the past. It is regarding a case where Merck virologists whistleblowed. Diffrent systems intermingle with others, for some, making it so complex it is too much.Understandable we must put boundaries to make sense of things. Everyone has there own way of seeing things. I hope this helps you to see my connection, but your reality may just be different from mine. I do believe things are changing and people are and will continue to challenge our right for the truth.

http://ahrp.org/former-merck-scientists-sue-merck-alleging-mmr-vaccine-efficacy-fraud/

Thanks JLr, I think the Cochrane review says quite a lot. I have not looked at there vaccine reviews for a long time, but i have found it a fair review in the past.link anout them.

http://ctb.ku.edu/en/databases-best-practices

I do not take my decision lightly JLR nor do i take any information given to the public lightly as i said above, its for people to see for themselves. Enjoy the weekend.