Query about waiting list places for Southwark primary applications 2018

As I understand it lists are drawn up entirely on the entrance criteria for each school, the school doesn't know (or care) where you placed them on the preference. One thing we were told (at Belham) is that if you're not in the top 1 or 2 places on the waiting list you are extremely unlikely to get in through the waiting list.

Thank you. That's really helpful.

The gist of my original post was, if anyone else is interested, does it matter where you originally put a school (i.e. 1st or 2nd) for the purpose of the waiting list? I'm sure you are absolutely right - it doesn't matter. The lady I spoke to at Southwark confirmed this too, although she did go on to say, do put your most wanted school first...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• ''Would you go private to save a loved one's life'' is a typical journalistic gotcha type question. Instead, the question should be, why has  the NHS been run down to such an extent  that people are put in that predicament in the first place?...
    • Jazzer, is that link the right one?    Edited to say you have to click in the first post in X to see all the other comments. A lot of very upset residents. I hope Southwark Council, Southwark Events and Cllr Catherine Rose, Cabinet Member in charge of parks and who has supported the Gala event come what may, have a good look at all of this and a rethink.
    • Rather puerile comment.  And I'm not sure what the comment about Starmer and critical care was about.  If you are in a life threatening situation it's 999 whoever you are https://www.mytribeinsurance.co.uk/knowledge/is-there-a-private-a-e-in-the-uk
    • Please do if you might have list keys. And describe them please. 
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In