sociable cycle ride Sat December 9th (train assisted)

Sally Eva

I put the train-assisted bit up front to remind anyone planning to come to bring their Oyster/contactless cards with them. The ride was planned a month ago to go via Haggerston but those planned engineering works keep on coming and the line from Highbury and Islington to Shadwell will be shut on Saturday, wiping out the Haggerston arm at a stroke.

So instead the ride will meet at Canada Water library (SE16 7AR) at 10am and (as previously planned) take the Overground which is very good for bikes (spacious lifts and trains every 3-4 minutes) but this time to Shadwell. After that riders will head across to Mile End, partly on an upgraded CS2. The new route has interesting points of its own and goes though Queen Mary Campus and across the new Meath Bridge over the Regents Canal.

Then Regents Canal itself and Wapping Thameside as before. At Limehouse the ride will follow the Thames upstream to Tower Bridge. Then cross Tower Bridge and follow NR4 along the south bank back to Canada Water. Easy, flat, ride almost entirely on quiet roads and paths. Back to Canada Water at noon.

https://southwarkcyclists.org.uk

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• This thread is about cycling on paths -  any other generalised information from UK wide studies belongs, if anywhere, in the lounge
    • I lost a gold bangle bracelet on 18th May. It's a thin band, with a small diamond. Appreciate it's a long shot, but praying someone's picked it up! It was a 30th birthday present so very sentimental.
    • Just received a 2nd incorrect PCN from this car park behind Morrisons in Camberwell. It seems the cameras are set to charging if you overstay an hour when the payment is for 1.5 hrs. I went to the trouble of sending them a photo of the ticket machine as proof last August...they cancelled that ticket but now I have received another one for last week. I wonder how many motorists they have charged since I pointed out their error 9 months ago?        I have submitted a formal complaint to the British Parking Association.
    • Sure. And this is just seeding. With the all the other law breaking it probably more like 90%+.  https://www.forbes.com/sites/carltonreid/2023/08/24/85-of-car-drivers-break-20mph-speed-limits-reveals-uks-department-for-transport/
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In