Rose House Montessori

Cocoabean

Hello all and Happy New Year!

My daughter is 3.5 and we are looking at schools for reception at the moment. She is at a Montessori nursery now and I love the style of respectful learning. I have major doubts about traditional and mainstream schooling, as I don't believe children learn the best this way.

I do love the Montessori method, and am drooling a bit over Rose House and what they seem to offer. We are not minted by any means, and I do not know where this money would come from, but I think one needs to reach for the stars and at least go for a viewing to see if that seems it would be the right fit. Her father does not think we can actually afford it at all, but I am a stubborn goat, and my mother did a lot for me during my education and childhood with very little means by being equally as stubborn and tenacious.

Does anyone have their child at Rose House? What is your experience there? Any and all details would be very helpful. Feel free to PM me if you feel more comfortable that way. What about settling in? My daughter took a long time to settle at her nursery, and they were very flexible about one of us staying with her until she was ready to say goodbye. Also, does anyone on here have older children at Rose House,or children who have just graduated at age 12? How have they adjusted to mainstream school?

I wonder, do they have bursaries or scholarships available? I will ask when we go for a viewing, but wanted to get a feel of the school and what experiences you have had from other parents if any of you are on here.

Many thanks in advance!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Thank you to everyone who do drop off food while they were casting their votes, thanks also to those who enquired about volunteering. It doesn't have to be an election day though to do either though, so we would be grateful to receive donations and additional volunteer help any other day of the year too. We have also just added another string to our bow, and are now re-homing unwanted electricals too, so if you have any unwanted small electricals lurking at home that we can re-home, please drop them off to use to. We only ask that they are clean and working.  we will PAT test them and assuming all good, we will find a new home for them. The Community Fridge website has details, along with a wealth of other information Best wishes Steve Albrighton Community Fridge w: albrightoncommunityfridge.org i: albrighton_community_fridge_   
    • Hello, TW installed ours in SE27 in October 2023, unprompted too. We just got a note through the letterbox informing us of the switch to smart meter and its serial number, after it was done. 
    • I've recently moved into East Dulwich. I transferred my Thames Water account to my new address, and I  have received my bill for the year. But now I've received an email from them saying they'll be out on the 8th to fit my new smart meter, which was unrequested by me. I can probably refuse but I wanted to check here if perhaps there was a TW campaign to get these installed in the area? Thank you.
    • I would also recommend Leon. He was responsive and did a thorough job for us replacing some faulty spot lights and coming to the house multiple times around other contractors to fit some new lighting into cabinetry.
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In