Camberwell green roadworks (bus crash)

There was scheduled work to be done along there but with the bus accident things were brought forward a little.

Sheesh 15 mins you waited to get past? WOW! Come off it 15mins of your life gone all beyond your control... take a breath man it's hardly worth getting in a bother about! *shrugs*

I'll be very happy if it's completed today. I went past on Monday evening (after the usual delay) and it didnt look anywhere near being completed but hopefully they've had a sudden flurry of activity this week. But as I understand it Southern Gas are not too bothered by penalties arising from delayed completion of roadworks and I've always assumed that ultimately it's the customers that end up paying for it. I don't reach that part of my journey home til 7ish but I heard they were finishing work at 4 oclock each day, is that right?

My office is based near Maudsley and the last few times I have been called out to clients, I have to come back via this junction. The first time it took 30 minutes from the Old Father Redcap junction ( is it Planet Hollywood now?) to DeCrespigney Park in the car. The 2nd time was about the same. On Tuesday having been out to the Bricklayers Arms area I decided to come back to the office via Peckham back streets and Dog Kennel Hill. Took me 2 miles extra but at least I was moving all the time and saved myself 15 minutes stuck in traffic

camberwell is hell to drive through when there aren't works going on. Peckham back streets is always quicker. With roadworks this would be a complete nightmare - plenty of reasons to avoid camberwell full stop imo, Peckham's much nicer ;)

The Camberwell roadworks looked like they were pretty much finished when I went through last night so hopefully that'll be cleared away today or tomorrow. But now my morning journey to work is being disrupted by a multi-hole dig at the top of Peckham Rye / Nigel Road courtesy of Thames Water. Grrr!