Trouble in peckham?

gk

suniil Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> :) I thought the same after seeing this pic of a guy looting Tesco Value Basmati Rice!!

I laughed like a drain at that one. That should be put on posters and hung all around Peckham with 'LOSER' written below it in big letters.

suniil Wrote:

> :) I thought the same after seeing this pic of a

> guy looting Tesco Value Basmati Rice!!

>

MrTwirly found a picture of someone looting a large pack of Pampers and looking very pleased with themselves... or should I not be surprised at that since this is East Dulwich?

Walking back from Peckham yesterday, I saw some really sorry loot. Sad to say I didn't take a picture, but it was a tray of those little fridge pots of Ambrosia Rice Pudding and a bag of potatoes from Tesco East Dulwich Road.

Of such things dreams are made.

Jeremy Wrote:

> Is he making a gun shape with his right hand...

> and pointing it at the bag of rice??

Yep. It's sort of like the photoshopping site, but this one is ridiculously real.

Twirly Wrote:

> suniil Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > :) I thought the same after seeing this pic of

> a

> > guy looting Tesco Value Basmati Rice!!

> >

>

> MrTwirly found a picture of someone looting a

> large pack of Pampers and looking very pleased

> with themselves... or should I not be surprised at

> that since this is East Dulwich?

He should forward the photo to the Met.

Evening, all.

I've been so utterly incensed at this seemingly unchecked thuggery, and after reading this thread I felt compelled to break cover and comment!

The previous (Labour) government created a society of entitlement. These riots are not a result of social imbalance but simply a taking of advantage against a police force with its boots cemented in the foundations of political correctness. As one born in an age when common sense ruled the day, I really have to wonder what future generations will make of all this. Common sense meant something when I was growing up in the fifties. It means nothing today.

Anyone familiar with current police proceedure will know that most are fully signed-up supporters of the doctrine that the police should use force only as a last resort. As one of the famous ?nine principles of policing?, published in 1829 at the very founding of the Metropolitan Police, puts it, the police should ?use physical force only when the exercise of persuasion, advice and warning is found to be insufficient? and to use only the minimum degree of physical force which is necessary on any particular occasion?. This was the policy of the Met during the recent protests against student fees. It had worked well enough a few days earlier when the trade unions held a march against the cuts, but the student protests turned violent. Reluctance to use force is right and we should be reluctant to reproach the police for it. However, a second attitude was at work in Tottenham. Since the Macpherson report of 1999 the police have been hyper-sensitive about race. This attitude has now become so paradoxical that they find themselves standing aside when members of ethnic minorities are being harmed. The people who ran shops, or who lived in the flats above, were not given the protection they deserved.

In this kind of atmosphere, it?s not surprising that officers in charge of subduing a riot think it safer to wait for orders from the top rather than use their discretion to protect the public without fear or favour.

maybe teh met need more tarianing as they where havcing a laugh when thy had the student roits in london and new that ther would be no fiughing backi from lazy student wokyshy layabouts the probelm now is that teh met have got soft as tehy have not had goood oposityion for a while back in the olden days a policemen could fight wiht minors and stelworkers so got tuoghenedup the police where scard in p-0ekcham this weak anjd the kis could se e it and took avantage

richardbach Wrote:

> maybe teh met need more tarianing as they where

> havcing a laugh when thy had the student roits in

> london and new that ther would be no fiughing

> backi from lazy student wokyshy layabouts the

> probelm now is that teh met have got soft as tehy

> have not had goood oposityion for a while back in

> the olden days a policemen could fight wiht minors

> and stelworkers so got tuoghenedup the police

> where scard in p-0ekcham this weak anjd the kis

> could se e it and took avantage

Swytch yer spal ckek on mayte.

Naety

• 5 months later...

SCSB79 Wrote:

> fire brigade there now - pictures are horrific.

> Hope everyone in the buildings next to it got out

> ok.

I see from the reports in the media that the arsonist responsible for this is to be sentenced on the 20th of February.