Football Focus

jenniejenjen10

Part 2 of the Champions League QF's.

A reminder of the 'Half-time' scores...

AM 3 RC 2

JL 7 SC 3

MM 2 OT 5

LG 2 Mx 6

PM me your predictions and I'll post them once I've received them all...

Tuesday 9th April 2013

Bor Dortmund V Malaga

(agg 0-0)

Galatasaray V Real Madrid

(agg 0-3)

Wednesday 10th April 2013

Barcelona V Paris SG

(agg 2-2)

Juventus V Bayern Munich

(agg 0-2)

I'll take the James article with a pinch of salt.

For one the man is a complete knob. Err, actually that's more or less it, but it's obviosu he has a personal axe to grind.

Shaka Hislop wrote a similar article for the beeb saying he considered and still considers PDC to be his friend, though he could be difficult, supporting James' assertion that the man was spikey but countering his implication that he was universally disliked.

I guess, as usual, media storms will blow over once we have some real news to worry about, like you know, the decimation of the welfare state and selling off the NHS and petty stuff like that.

Ultimately he'll be judged on results, I'm sure he'll inject some fight into the team, but yesterday show's that probably won't be enough.

Aah, he's alright I guess, it's just every time I've seen him interviewed he's so self important and pompous it winds me up.

Doesn't necessarily make him wrong, but in this he definitely more or less begged the question with his opening statements.

I'm not some apologist for facism, but I think rather too much has been made of it. He's still a working class boy with a difficult background who found solace amidst dubious types whom he still has fond memories of and a sense of belonging, whilst having grown significantly as a human being.

We might as well be demanding explicit repudiation of things quids once held dear before all huffing and saying we shouldn't tolerate this sort of thing on the forum until he has done so, perhaps Tudor Touch will withdraw advertising revenue until such a time.

All very silly if you ask me, but not so very different.

Given who can actually OWN a club and what they get up to (allegedly), the leanings of a manager seem small beer in comparison

But the fact is a manager is high profile whilst owners get to be shadowy characters in the background. There are probably loads of managers with worse views than PdC but have the sense to keep schtum. Not sure who that makes better or worse but there it is

So ? a lot of heat and noise around the appointment. It?ll fade away. Fans seemed vocal in support yesterday (compared with Chelsea fans and Benitez) and if results go their way I doubt many people will care either way

Edited to add:

I do think his appointment will end badly however. What can work wonders in a lower league can wilt dramatically with a more moneyed and self-regarding group of players in the Premiership

I sspect short to medium term he will have a positive impact but as soon as the first sustained dip happens?

I just think PDC is an idiot, but that's not against the law. I don't think James thinks he's a facist, just a bit of an arsehole.

I think David James comes across as an intelligent man. I'd rather hear him talk about things than read bloody Rio's tweets.

Week 28 results...

OT - 2 Correct Results + 3 Correct Scores = 11 pts

LG - 4 Correct Results + 1 Correct Score = 7 pts

Mx - 3 Correct Results + 1 Correct Score = 6 pts

DR - Played a maxxi = 5 pts

MM - Played a maxxi = 5 pts

PD - Played a maxxi = 5 pts

SC - Played a maxxi = 5 pts

?? - 1 Correct Result + 1 Correct Score = 4 pts

AM - 1 Correct Result + 1 Correct Score = 4 pts

JL - 1 Correct Result + 1 Correct Score = 4 pts

RD - 1 Correct Result + 1 Correct Score = 4 pts

RC - 3 Correct Results + 0 Correct Scores = 3 pts

EP - 1 Correct Result + 0 Correct Scores = 1 pt

red devil Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Week 28 results...

>

> OT - 2 Correct Results + 3 Correct Scores = 11 pts

>

>

> LG - 4 Correct Results + 1 Correct Score = 7 pts

>

> Mx - 3 Correct Results + 1 Correct Score = 6 pts

>

> DR - Played a maxxi = 5 pts

> MM - Played a maxxi = 5 pts

> PD - Played a maxxi = 5 pts

> SC - Played a maxxi = 5 pts

>

> ?? - 1 Correct Result + 1 Correct Score = 4 pts

> AM - 1 Correct Result + 1 Correct Score = 4 pts

> JL - 1 Correct Result + 1 Correct Score = 4 pts

> RD - 1 Correct Result + 1 Correct Score = 4 pts

>

> RC - 3 Correct Results + 0 Correct Scores = 3 pts

>

> EP - 1 Correct Result + 0 Correct Scores = 1 pt

How did RC get 3 RD? You haven't given him Newcastle have you?

Alan Medic Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> How did RC get 3 RD? You haven't given him

> Newcastle have you?

Yes I have. 10 was obviously a typo, so he was either predicting a 2-1 or 2-0 result. So I have no problems giving him a point for correctly predicting a home win. There must have been about 3500+ predictions made since the game started, and in that time only 2 obvious typos. If I thought players were deliberately swinging it I would dismiss their prediction, but to me this was an honest mistake. In my mind there was no doubt he was predicting a home win.

Had the actual score been 2-1 or 2-0 there would've been some doubt, so I would still have only given him 1pt for a correct result, not 3pts for a correct result. Had it been an away win I wouldn't have given him 1pt for predicting an away win, because to me it was obvious he was predicting a home win. Had I seen the typo beforehand, I would've asked for clarfication, like I did with Otta recently...