katie1997 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Well, It has been known to go off in one's hand

> rather quickly.

>

> Love the sour cherry recipe, ta.

I know

I bet you'd like to cool your guns in it, works every time for me

Especially out in the field when I've emptied both barrels in a bird.

Oh right, which ones of the 10,000 people dying every year are just opinions rather than facts?

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make about wide opinions, as I haven't claimed any? This is just like what you did with the 'army' reference, you're trying to defend arguments that I haven't made, because you can't defend gun ownership.

Why are you doing this? Since gun ownership endangers your family instead of protecting them you must have a pretty big motivation for doing it. What is your motive?

All my weapons in the States are kept under lock and key. The only firearm that you could consider relatively accessable is the .38 snubnose I keep in a locked box in our bedside table. All of our children have been laboriously instructed on how to handle a gun safely and that such an instrument demands the utmost respect, of which they and I all duly pay.

Continuing to claim that 10,000 (a suspiciously precise number) people perish as a direct result of the 2nd Amendment every year in America is tenuous to say the least. You're just parroting a rumour.

All your weapons?

How many weapons do you need to "defend your family"? It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

Kept under lock and key?

Not going to be much use against your hypothetical 'aggresive invader' then are they?

This is the problem with gun arguments, they all turn out to be so much nonsense.

As for me 'proving' that people perish as a direct result of the 2nd Amendment... words fail me. There is no doubt that there would still be murders if gun restrictions were in place - so once again, stop trying to defend arguments that I haven't made.

The fact is that you can't kill people with a gun if you don't have access to a gun.

As for your 'suspicion' on the number, are you seriously trying to refute the point by suggesting that it's not exactly 10,000?

The last figure I have the exact data was 2008, and that was 12,632 firearm homicides. Is that precise enough for you? The source was the US Centre for Disease Control. Or is your paranoia such that you think they're all lying?

The 'fact' is that you have made no sensible justification for gun ownership that haven't been based on weak premises. I've provided you with 12,632 reasons why guns should be restricted.

If you have guns in the house they are more likely to kill your children than defend them.

"no-one's in any danger as a result of my legally held weapons."

Ah, you're trying to make the point that you're different to everyone else, that you're special?

It reminds me of those middle aged drunk men who say that they can drive home because they're different to everyone else.

The stress on the word 'legal' is really flimsy - as if the suggestion is that if it's legal, it must be okay then.

The weapons I own are more likely to either gather dust or dispatch the odd deer than do any harm to my children. And they're perfectly and rapidly accessible in the event of a break-in. All I have to do to access my guns is take this thing called a key, enter our adjoining walk-in wardrobe, insert the key into the lock, turn it (roughly 180 degrees) and voila, the gun cabinet is open.

I'd be very much obliged if you didn't keep repeating yourself with numbers you've snatched from any source that'll support your agenda. Man has kept weapons in his dwelling ever since the dawn of civilization, and will continue to well into the future. To continue taking offense at the inevitable will just make you look like an even bigger prat than you already are.

Huguenot Wrote:

> "no-one's in any danger as a result of my legally

> held weapons."

>

> Ah, you're trying to make the point that you're

> different to everyone else, that you're special?

>

> It reminds me of those middle aged drunk men who

> say that they can drive home because they're

> different to everyone else.

>

> The stress on the word 'legal' is really flimsy -

> as if the suggestion is that if it's legal, it

> must be okay then.

And now you're desperately snatching at "flimsy" analogies. How predictable.

"Man has kept weapons in his dwelling ever since the dawn of civilization, and will continue to well into the future."

Is that it? That's the substance of your argument?

That's the warrior thing again isn't it, you little cutie? I love it. 'Dawn of civilization' I can hear the classical music surging over the top....

Rick Channing in stark silhouette, his biceps straining at his shirt, and his strong capable hands (but capable of such tenderness) gripping his .38 snubnose at his shoulder.

Ha ha.

Oh you're just being silly Ricky, you're letting yourself down.

The evidence from the UK is that despite your dawn of civilization tosh, humans get by very effectively without having guns in their houses.

It also has the side effect of having 12,622 fewer firearm homicides.

It makes a mockery of your claim the guns in houses are 'inevitable'. This is really obvious stuff. Why not just accept that there is no sensible justification for filling your cupboards with weapons, and that you pay an awfully big price for the luxury.

The obsession of US males with guns is more about masturbation than trembling fearfully in your homes scared of every passing breeze.

I'm relieved to see that you've progressed from sniggering at your lame attempts at humour, Huguenot. But your position really is utterly indefensible. Just learn to accept you're wrong and move on from your indignant finger pointing. No-one'll hold it against you. Live to fight another day, an' all that.

Alan Medic Wrote:

> And I thought this thread was going to be about

> football.Instead it's about macho men shooting

> their loads at defenceless birds. And eating them

> afterwards. Huh.

Less of the 'foul' language please.

(And lowering the tone, tsk)

I don't have a campaign against the 2nd Amendment, I neither know nor care what it is.

I was in fact responding to your original statement here: "But what a shame it is that the firearms laws in this country are so unnecessarily restrictive."

I have pointed out that contrary to your rather stupid opinion, the 'shame' is the 12,632 people in the US who were murdered at the end of a firearm, or the other 25,000 who also died at the end of firearms through accident or misadventure.

Your rather 'Smug American' demand for access to weapons so you can play with yourself would most likely end up with thousands of people dead who didn't need to be.

Only someone deranged could think that was a good idea.