Blair on Moral Decline

There's two issues:

1) Did he break any code of conduct (or any other law regarding such payments)?

2) Did he lie to the Select Committee?

On the first point, well that's up to parliament and the police.

The second is interesting, though... Coulson was asked: "So your sole income was News International and then your sole income was the Conservative party?" He replied: "Yes.". So, it would depend on how you class a severance payment, when it was made and whether it was a lump sum or not. The car and the phone supplied could also be considered part of income, but I'd say a good lawyer could make a case otherwise.

Anyway, given what is coming over the hacking scandal proper, I'd say this is the least of Andy Coulson's worries.

LadyDeliah Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Tony Blair is a war-mongering toss-pot, who

> oversaw or made ready, the selling off of the

> majority of the public assets left after the big

> Tory sell-off before him, and is therefore not in

> a position to opine on moral decline!

So you don't agree with what he says in the article then?

I am no Blair fan, but he's a clever man, and that article speaks sense.

Otta Wrote:

> LadyDeliah Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Tony Blair is a war-mongering toss-pot, who

> > oversaw or made ready, the selling off of the

> > majority of the public assets left after the

> big

> > Tory sell-off before him, and is therefore not

> in

> > a position to opine on moral decline!

>

>

> So you don't agree with what he says in the

> article then?

>

> I am no Blair fan, but he's a clever man, and that

> article speaks sense.

Sorry, I have to admit, I got as far as his gargoyle picture and had to retreat to my happy place.

I should try better!

Ok, I got past the gargoyle and still think it's a piece of crap.

He says that there is no general moral decline and it's just the result of dysfunctional families.

That's rubbish.

Between him and Thatcher, the dog eat dog/competition mentality has been encouraged to infect most areas of our society. If you can't compete, you are no-one. If you can't consume what you are told to consume, you are no-one. If you complained about the rising power of the bankers and the correlating decline in manufacturing, you were accused of promoting the politics of envy.

If you are poor you have no chance of getting into a decent school as competition for places in decent state schools raises the house prices and the middle classes get to buy their way in.

There is no longer any fairness in our society.

People who find themselves unable to compete for whatever reason, see the greed and avarice demonstrated by the winners, and occasionally get the hump.

The sticking plasters that had been put in place by Blair, were ripped off by Cameron, despite warnings that it could all end in tears. But Cameron didn't care, cos he lives far enough away that rioting plebs would be unlikely to affect him.

Blair was full of shit when he was in power and is still full of shit now.

But Cameron didn't care, cos he lives far enough away that rioting plebs would be unlikely to affect him.

I suspect it is going to effect him and in a big way, this generation adapt quick, a surprisingly unseen effect of the online generation. Next time round they will go for the judiciary in their own way, you watch. 1400 locked up, 65% on remand, they have made a whopping mistake again, this is not the 80's, its a challenge to this generation.......do they really think we are soooo much more advanced than the " little backward muslim countries of the middle east". ..... Again big mistake , arab spring time has been driven by the youth. Lock your doors and keep your kids indoors....if you can.

I won't read anything that man has to say, but if he has got it right then it rather gives the lie that he was a conviction politician. If his convictions are right then his ten years in power serve a s nothng but a self serving ego power trip. You had your chance to change things and just made then worse. The man is a cunt and as far as I'm concerned he's lost the right to comment. Do the world a favour. Kill yourself and hurry your journey to hell.

mockney piers Wrote:

> I won't read anything that man has to say, but if

> he has got it right then it rather gives the lie

> that he was a conviction politician. If his

> convictions are right then his ten years in power

> serve a s nothng but a self serving ego power

> trip. You had your chance to change things and

> just made then worse. The man is a @#$%& and as

> far as I'm concerned he's lost the right to

> comment. Do the world a favour. Kill yourself and

> hurry your journey to hell.

Yup, my thoughts exactly! But after forcing myself to read his self-riteous shite, I can also say that he wasn't right in any case MP, so don't worry your pretty little head about the bad man. He's gone and should be forgotten!

MissNoodlesHats Wrote:

> Hair splitting twaddle, and he was actually being vetted under DV which incidentally had just

> completed financial checks when things started to leak like peckham pulse in 2006 (under liberal

> council admin may I add ) - raise eyebrows, point fingers, yawn !!!

Source for this please? The only place I can find any mention of Coulson being DV'd is the Daily Mail... so please don't tell me you are a Daily Mail reader.

And also, it comes back to what I said before... you know sod all about the vetting process. They don't report back on each stage, you know. Or, as it turns out, you don't know.

"you know sod all about the vetting process. They don't report back on each stage, you know. Or, as it turns out, you don't know."

Fall of your horse dear, your clueless.

Not only do I know he was undergoing developed vetting, Cameron also stated it in response to a journalist direct question on big ole live TV.

Ok so climb back on then fall off again.

MissNoodlesHats Wrote:

>> "you know sod all about the vetting process. They don't report back on each stage, you know.

>> Or, as it turns out, you don't know."

> Fall of your horse dear, your clueless.

Ah, the old mindless Allfornun abuse is back. And you still know nothing about the vetting process.

> Not only do I know he was undergoing developed

> vetting, Cameron also stated it in response to a

> journalist direct question on big ole live TV.

Referenced source? I like to check these things myself. You have been known to make things up.

Eh ?

Why quote yourself telling someone else that they "know sod all" ....are u mindlessly accusing yourself ? I get really confused with where your coming from Loz,

The fact is he was undergoing DV, and long before that many 'gifts' within his so called VCT he knew he should have revealed himself in the interview. He did not because he did not want to truly exposes his links with Murdoch and Brookes, why ? Because in his mind he knew he was always still working for them.

MissNoodlesHats Wrote:

> The fact is he was undergoing DV...

See - you keep saying that but you just refuse to give a source for it (except that you 'saw it on TV'). As far as I know it is not a fact - only you and the Daily Mail have said it. If you can give me decent source I'd be happy to accept it as 'fact' - until then it is only a allegation on your part.

You also said that you knew that this apparent DV had 'just completed financial checks'. Again no source for this... And my knowledge of the vetting process tells me that stages are not reported so I am wondering how you know this.

Sources, AFN, sources.

At least we knew Thatcher was going to a cnut, well those of us who understood what her policies would do to the country, but Blair is like the friendly uncle who buys you sweets and then buggers you when no-one is looking, all the while telling you that he's a good guy!

Blair is a tosser, and always has been (could never vote for someone with that grin), but I disagree with you on this particular subject LadyD.

That said, whether disaffected, alienated, or what, it's hand washing on his past to claim that these people are basically completely separate from society. I agree that the whole "society is broken" thing is a nonsense but equally, these kids are a product of society, we can't claim otherwise.

Mockney, I'm down with your general sentiment, but I hate to see a phrase like "he's lost the right to comment".

LadyD Wrote

--------------------------------------

At least we knew Thatcher was going to a @#$%&, well those of us who understood what her policies would do to the country, but Blair is like the friendly uncle who buys you sweets and then buggers you when no-one is looking, all the while telling you that he's a good guy!

She also stole the milk and said there not such thing as a society

Ridgley Wrote:

> She [...] said there not such thing as a society

That's always been a piece of selective quoting. When you look at it in the context of everything she said in that interview, especially immediately after that portion, it wasn't so bad. In fact, I'd say, given current events, still an arguable position.

"I think we've been through a period where too many people have been given to understand that if they have a problem, it's the government's job to cope with it. 'I have a problem, I'll get a grant.' 'I'm homeless, the government must house me.' They're casting their problem on society. And, you know, there is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first. It's our duty to look after ourselves and then, also to look after our neighbour. People have got the entitlements too much in mind, without the obligations. There's no such thing as entitlement, unless someone has first met an obligation."