Blair on Moral Decline

So a kind of medieval commune that created a sense of identity by hating everyone else then? ;-)

UK under LD..."the return of UK to a peasant economy in which there would be no class divisions, no money, no books, no schools, no hospitals. 'Reactionary religion' was banned in the constitution of January 2012.

"There is no money, no commerce, as the state takes care of provisioning all its citizens.

"Those who had had any connection with the previous regime were eliminated. People who were deemed to have been the lazy elite, in other words the educated and the skilled, were also disposed of."

LD wrote

------------------------------

Quote:

Thatcher

"I think we've been through a period where too many people have been given to understand that if they have a problem, it's the government's job to cope with it. 'I have a problem, I'll get a grant.' 'I'm homeless, the government must house me.' They're casting their problem on society. And, you know, there is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first. It's our duty to look after ourselves and then, also to look after our neighbour. People have got the entitlements too much in mind, without the obligations. There's no such thing as entitlement, unless someone has first met an obligation."

I do belive that you should pick up your boots traps and earn a living standing on your own to feet I am sure most of us do this anyway but I also believe in this current climate people who are losing there jobs to no fault of there own need help when they fall on hard times.

I always thought she was a hard faced cow and did not relate to the average man on the street.

Ridgley Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I do belive that you should pick up your boots traps and earn a living standing on your own to

> feet I am sure most of us do this anyway but I also believe in this current climate people who

> are losing there jobs to no fault of there own need help when they fall on hard times.

I agree entirely. But as far as Thatcher's speech goes, I could see Ed Milliband making a not-too-dissimilar speech. It says a lot that people took one line out of context and then ignored the rest of what she said. Maggie can be criticised for a lot of things, but taking that one line out smacks of widespread opportunism.

I mean, when you thin about it, it's really not too far away from "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country", is it?

The guy that lied about the need for war (Mr. dodgy dossier)

The guy that walked straight out of number 10 and into JP Morgan?s for 2 million a year ? does anyone remember how much Kuwait slipped Mr. Teflon?

Yes I would say there has been a decline in Mr. Blair?s moral?s.

The Chair would like to remind people that this is the Drawing Room. Please try and raise the level of discourse above calling politicians, or each other, twots and making cliche ridden nonsensical posts that add nothing to the debate.

Pretty please.

Chair I apologise ; Obviously I perceived thatcher not as a politician but as a simpleton and meant to name her as a twit and not a twot. The O being next to the I meant that Lady Thatcher got twotted instead of twitted. I must say that I am glad she did not get twatted. Anyway using twit , twot or twat may actually be a sign of morale decline as it shows complete disregard for a fragile old pensioner who turned this great country around and was then shafted by a gang of morally deficient male politicians from Eton.

.....Er?

Well only if you have some odd obsessive agenda that clouds your abilities to understand?

If you remember the Character who used the line IIBIIB ....was not actually what he purported to say he was, therefore he was just representing a cross section of youth.

Which is the same youth that you refer to when you said something like " they went shopping with a hammer and not a wallet to get some free trainers"

please try and note the chairs comments for the sake of the discussion.

please try and note the chairs comments for the sake of the discussion.

I think teaching morality begins with older generation, if they are prejudiced and hamstrung by their own victorian experiences and attitudes then sadly to the younger generations they come across as disconnected and slightly odd. Maybe we a supermum type figure to come into the working environment and point out and gently guide employers of a certain disposition in contemporary and relevant ways of behaving. That may then engender a better morality in those young employees starting out.

Ha ha.

You think that the kids shopping with bricks were really making a protest about Victorian attitudes in the workplace? I thought the problem was that they didn't have any work?

As it happens, I think that actually you were having a dig at me according to a backstory you've fabricated in order to justify these pointless personal attacks.

The idea of you lecturing me on management fills me with mirth. Those who can, do, and those who can't... indulge in anarchist rants on chat forums and blame everyone else for their lack of success?

Huguenot Wrote:

> Still the brightest bloke in politics

i guess he's a clever man.. but i'm not sure if he is all good and virtue..i've never heard him once say he gets anything wrong..he's always right it appears. he's certainly a good talker, but now his style doesn't convince me anymore..it's a bit like an actor being typecast because he's become samey!.. being bright isn't everything in my opinion..i'd rather see a more rounded person leading a country and one with a bit more kindness.

R

New Nexus Wrote:

> The guy that lied about the need for war (Mr.

> dodgy dossier)

> The guy that walked straight out of number 10 and

> into JP Morgan?s for 2 million a year ? does

> anyone remember how much Kuwait slipped Mr.

> Teflon?

> Yes I would say there has been a decline in Mr.

> Blair?s moral?s.

ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THAT?..why would he get 2m a year from a bank? did he help them during his premier-ship?..if he did get that sum (and I doubt it, because it would make him look very greedy and in with the banks!)..

R

Loz Wrote:

> MissNoodlesHats Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Hair splitting twaddle, and he was actually

> being vetted under DV which incidentally had just

> > completed financial checks when things started

> to leak like peckham pulse in 2006 (under liberal

> > council admin may I add ) - raise eyebrows,

> point fingers, yawn !!!

>

> Source for this please? The only place I can find

> any mention of Coulson being DV'd is the Daily

> Mail... so please don't tell me you are a Daily

> Mail reader.

>

> And also, it comes back to what I said before...

> you know sod all about the vetting process. They

> don't report back on each stage, you know. Or, as

> it turns out, you don't know.

nice person you are.