Anyone interested in music groups for 3 and 4 year olds?

sparkle

Hello all,

I am a primary school teacher, and I run Sparkle Music here in East Dulwich, which currently includes classes for babies and 2 and 3 year olds. I'd like to start up a class for 3 and 4 year olds. I have a small number of children moving up from the 2/ 3 year old class, but need a few more to make the class viable. Would any of you lovely ed'ers be interested? The classes will probably run Fridays, 2-2:30 at a hall in East Dulwich- am hoping the afternoon would suit most people as it seems most put their children in nursery in the mornings.

The classes: They will teach children essential music skills such as pulse, rhythm and pitch, all through action songs, musical role play and musical games. There will be singing, moving to music and playing percussion instruments. Some weeks may be themed, others just a bunch of fun muscial games! All activities are tailored specifically for 3 and 4 year olds, and will start them on the road to musical literacy and the skills necessary to learn an instrument. ALl in all they will learn music musically!

Please let me know if you'd be interested. I'd love to run these classes if I can. Or if you have any questions.

thanks

Anna

www.sparkle-music.co.uk

Something I forgot to add to the initial post was that I'm hoping that once children feel settled in the class, parents would be able to drop them off for the half hour. Would that help persuade a couple more of you?!

Please do let me know if there is anything you are unsure about in my description or if you have any further questions.... For anyone interested in music education theory, classes are based around the ideas of Kodaly and Dalcroze.

The first class is free, so come on, give it a try!

Thanks!

Anna

I'd love to do this as Friday is my day off and I have a 3 year old who loves good music classes (and doesn't mind me leaving at all) - but the time may not work as my 1 year old tends to nap until 2-2:30. So if you do drop-in classes as well you'll definitely see us whenever the stars lign up correctly :)

I know this is not the kind of answer you're looking for... hope there are some mums who can really commit.

Thanks for the reply.

I had hoped to have a later slot because of nap time issues, but unfortunately this is the only slot I can find so far, in a hall which has a piano.

Drop in is a bit difficult for my classes, as I teach songs and skills over the weeks, children need to be there as many weeks as they can get the best from the classes.

Thanks for the ideas, and giving me another perspective- I need to know who's out there!

Anna

I would be interested in this for my 3 year old daughter - the timing would work well as she's at school nursery in the mornings, and I would have to be finished to pick up my son from school at 3:30pm (and until #3 arrives I'm free of the constraints of nap times!). Please let me know once details are firmed up.

Pippa

You're very welcome to join in January. Or, I also run a class for 2 year olds (see thread in the family classified section) which lead onto the 3 year old class. It's Friday mornings, at Dulwich Library maybe that could suit for the mean time?

Anna