Small Billy Bookcase for sale

robnav

• 3 weeks later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Latest Discussions

• Whilst we wait for DulvilleRes to answer some of the points raised above. Here is a letter from a long-standing member of the Dulwich Society sent to members of the Executive Committee:   I  attended the AGM and SGM on Monday expecting to gain some understanding of the issues regarding the proposed new rules of the charity as the information in the letter giving notice of the meetings was very confusing. From the beginning of the meeting it was clear that this was not an environment for informed decision making. A Chair is there to facilitate, not dominate, and should not use his position as an opportunity to impose his own views. In addition,  holding the two meetings together, which the members had wished to avoid, resulted in rushing things through, constant checking of watches and reminders that we had to be out of the building by 10.  The  long inappropriate speech at the beginning left inadequate time for the discussion  which was necessary in order to make informed decisions. There were deliberate attempts to promote guilt in the members for wasting money which could be better spent elsewhere, quoting £2000+  as the cost of providing the meeting.  The instruction from the Chair on how we must vote, and the threat that all trustees would resign and the Society would cease to exist at 9.45 pm  if we did not comply, was outrageous. I cannot imagine that any decision obtained in this way can possibly be acceptable in law.  Correspondence relating to the SGM request shows that the Members acted in accordance with all the rules and  the correct time frame, giving a very clear account of their reasons for requesting such a meeting. Yet the Chair repeated that no notice was given of the  SGM request, and 'Nobody bothered to turn up to the meeting'  arranged by the trustees on  April 14th,  when in fact members had notified him that no one would be attending. Unfortunately the rather peevish inaccurate  version has now been posted on East Dulwich Forum.             I am a very long time member of Dulwich society, and  am shocked at the way in which this has unfolded  with such lack of  regard for the members and such an undemocratic approach. Working in the best interest of the Charity includes respecting its members, and listening to any concern which they may raise, it is not just about saving money. 
    • That's really kind, thank you so much, yes I do have a car.
    • He looks like he'd be rather in favour of Mickey Mouse degrees
    • That’s good to know! 
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In