Driving instruction

sportbilly

Hi there. Our child is home from university. We want them to learn how to drive and pass her test ASAP. She can?t drive our car for various reasons. Just wanted some advice - if you can?t practice in a parent?s car are you better off doing an intensive course of lessons?

Many thanks

Q1. "We want them"

What does she want?

Q2. And on the same subject why the urgency?

Q3. What did you do?

Otherwise lessons every week or two.

Maybe take the plunge and go electric. http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/nissan/101039/electric-car-driving-school-learning-to-drive-in-an-ev

(wasn't allowed to practice in my father's car until he thought that I was good and ready)

Hi and thanks for the response. We want includes my child wanting.we would like her to pass her test before going back to University so she has the option of driving a car. We have an automatic and therefore want her to learn in a manual. Any other suggestions welcomed. Thanks

I think intensive is a good approach if you can afford the lessons, but maybe not one of those 'learn to drive in a week' courses as they perhaps don't give you enough time to gain experience. If you are looking for a local instructor, try Sarah 07956563129, we found her on here (thanks forum!) so if you search you should find other recommendations. Our daughter learnt with her in a few weeks of fairly intensive bursts, just after her A levels. She had tried with another instructor but they didn't really gel. She got on well with Sarah and is now a good and confident driver. We have an automatic so she learnt in Sarah's Mini.

I had lessons with them With (Ronan) Very good

He was Very friendly, Helpful And good driving tuition

Try them They do blocks of lessons

You can CALL, Walkers, on 0208 466 6699 and

MORE DETAILS BELOW CALL THEM

Block bookings:

Walkers value your loyalty and do great block booking discounts for prepaid lessons.

If you are a provisional license holder and you have never had a lesson with Walkers before then the 1st 5 lessons are ?95* (+ ?5 for Auto).

Daytime lessons are Monday ? Friday, 09:00- 17:00

5 Daytime lessons ........................................................................................ ?105 and Auto ?110

5 Evenings and Weekend lessons..................................................................?120 and Auto ?125

10 Daytime lessons ........................................................................................?205 and Auto ?220

10 Evenings and Weekend lessons.................................................................?235 and Auto ?250

20 Daytime lessons........................................................................................ ?400

20 Evenings and Weekend lessons............................................................... ?460

30 Daytime lessons........................................................................................ ?585

30 Evenings and Weekend lessons................................................................?660

Driving instructors work in a cut-throat business. They are offered lucrative salaries when they train and then get hit by marketing fees, lease costs and destructive competition. A friend expected ?30k + and her niche was nervous women, She didn't even make it into five figures and had to do doorstep survey work to make up the wages.

From my experience it can be an early retirement job, or by angry younger men, as they would rather be doing something else. If you see a learner car racing it is usually a young chap rushing in between appointments of peed off a the end of the day.

So get a recommendation (the one above seems like a cut and paste add) and don't choose the cheapest.

I work with the industry and see if I can get a commendation as I need one myself.

Very Good Driving Tuition With (( Walkers4u.Com)) Good Company for driving training And tuition, And Passplus

OR

If your undecided on what to choose

Try;

DRIVING LESSONS ON

GUMTREE BELOW ;

https://www.gumtree.com/search?featured_filter=false&urgent_filter=false&sort=date&search_scope=false&photos_filter=false&search_category=driving-lessons-instructors&q=&search_location=SE22+0de+&tl=