Bugaboo frog on british airways flight??

kapaxiana

You wouldn't be able to keep it with you, even if you keep Baby in it until boarding, it would go in the hold anyway and you'd have to get it from baggage reclaim at the other end! Nightmare, I know. How old will Rebecca be when you fly? Would you consider buying/borrowing a lightweight umbrella buggy for the trip? You can get some obaby buggies that recline totally flat or the maclaren quest is okay for babies 4m+, reclines but not fully. Both fab for travelling.

I've flown with my bugaboo a few times (short haul only), and stuck a couple of black bags round the carrycot / seat bit, leaving the handle sticking out, and have had no probs with it. Used sling for the coming off the plane waiting for buggy to arrive bit.

That said, I do have the travel bag for the bugaboo that I bought for use on a longer flight. Won't be using it again as just about to move into double buggy territory so would be looking for a buyer for it if you're interested? PM me if you want more details on it.

We flew short haul with BA earlier in the year and they stored our maclaren in one of the wardrobes in business class. It was great having the buggy at the gate on arrival and so am definitely going to ask in the future if there's room.

Not sure they'd squeeze in a bugaboo though!

That is the problem with the bugaboo, it's bulky! I love it but hey you can't have it all! I am flying business so thought that perhaps they would have it ready as you get off the plane? Just dreaming lol.... We are flying to South America so it's an 11 hrs flight... will probably call BA to see what they advise better be safe than sorry....

I have flown long haul with a bugaboo about 6 times on BA. Three times they let me keep it on the plane and three they took it to the hold. On two of the three times it was in the hold there was damage to the bugaboo. Once the brake piece broke off and once the right chassis broke. Both times bugaboo replaced the entire chassis as it was under warantee. BA did nothing. They said they were not responsible I subsequently bought a travel bag and also a cheap maclaren once the warantee expired. I may have just been unlucky but just thought I would share my experience.

NYMom,

Can I ask whether that was a bee or cameleon? Sorry for the hijack K, am travelling longhaul tomorrow with Virgin. TBH I didn't thknk there was any point in even asking to get a cameleon onboard.....

I had planned to wrap it in binliners and tape it up, and put 'FRAGILE' notices on it. Any better advice?

It was a chameleon. I wanted to somehow wrap it up, but unless you are planning on checking it with your bags at the front there is no time. I wanted to use it throughout the airport as my son was 20 pounds by 4 months and it was just too much to carry him around with my bag as well. If you bring it to the gate everyone is trying to get past you and I ended up just handing it over. Although the chameleon is big, it actually depends on the type of airplane. Some of them have large closets and some dont. All were longhaul flights but it really depends. On my last flight I tried to get a phil and teds on as I had a 3 year old and 7 month old as well as travel bag and trunki and the BA staff wouldnt allow it. In the end I had to carry everything as well as the second seat and one of the staff said it wasnt their fault I was traveling alone with two children.

OK, thanks for that. I'll ask, and wrap it up if not. I'm not travelling alone so should give me a chance to do it at the gate. Nice to know the service industry is operating at full helpful capacity.

Have a fab time K, maybe catch up when we're all back!