Whisky Tips

drew

I am not a regular whisky drinker, but do enjoy the odd glass in the evening at this time of year.

I am wondering if anyone can recommend some excellent single malk whiskys - I am not really into the smokey types, and much prefer the smooth but complex whiskys.

Cheers.

Dalwhinnie 15yr old - http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/public/4hI_0qIWw1qwqJN3rbR6BeLv4GGA2Rl0OWzhzGNBkUFedKXsa1lvtyuOfGJrC5rnD2Zj2VLQ9pbcJTSNfSq3oXZxOo4Qkog2JItlPLK0J0Nbbos6GhCFk4Nz7cPEWhyrPWizUCF-qOb8URmNmzeTRFhCKbB0AGW0akU_e5BmeEU=s90-c - a little smoke but wonderfully nutty and caramel flavour with honey notes.

*honey note - "Honey, your dinner's in the oven"*

Several recommendations as I sit here sipping a Talisker from Skye, spicy @ woody with some vanilla notes.

Highland Park is always a good bet - and if you can lay hands on some 30 year old is superb.

More unusually a Glenfiddich matured in. Urban rum barrels is a unique and "not quite whisky" whisky.

The Singleton is always a safe bet. Dalwhinnie, Glenmorangie and Macallan are always reliable.

Joining the Scotch Malt Whisky Society is a good place to start exploring - over 300 different malts (different years, maturation lengths and styles) available by the dram in their London & Leith clubhouses.