Idle cricket musing

Peckhamgatecrasher

I can believe some of it....

Strauss - like a vicar.

Prior - preening arrogant twat.

Broad - ditto.

And everything about Flower.

But the idea that he's some poor, shy retiring flower who felt picked on is utter cobblers.

Interesting the Vaughan, not normally someone looking to pick fights, has backed him.

I know he might like to make some mischeif for England, but I find it interesting that Ricky Ponting has backed KP about the bowlers too.

And the fact that Vaughan has also come out on twitter about the leaked thing suggests that he has some strong feelings about it all.

I don't for a second think KP is mister innocent victim, but I do think he's raised something with some truth to it.

Then again, if I was a bowler and you dropped a catch or duffed up some fielding by waving to the pretty blonde in the second row, I'm going to give you a bollocking. Doesn't mean I'm a bully though. Just that you're a dopey bugger who is playing for England and needs to up his game. This is international cricket, not under-11s. They shouldn't need to be treated with kid gloves.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Loz Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> One word: chortle.

>

> The ECB will be working hard over the next few

> weeks to work out how to blame Kevin Pietersen.

Or the Irish - got to feel for Morgan, will be tough to recover - and whilst I'm sure Cook isn't a vindictive man, he must be pissing himself.

• 3 weeks later...

As the MOST important sporting season starts, does anyone think the England Cricket Team have a chance against NZ and Oz this year?

As they jet off to the WI's and KP joining Surrey (again!), I wonder if there're 2 different machinations in play. Mr. Cook looks rather confident after his non-self imposed hiatus, but with the old guard still there, I'd be positive to have new players brought into the fold. Adios Prior!