Universal credit Stop the Rollout

natty01295

I never said UC was here because of Brexit. What I DID say was "nothing will change till Brexit is put to bed, you can expect that to be a minimum of at least two years and with May's inability to move this forward, things are likely to get worse before they get better. And I wasn't blaming those who where caught up in the roll out of this new way to pay benefits in one payment, rather than a number of different payments.

And it looks like May's days are numbered, and if what is expected happens tomorrow, she'll be gone by Christmas if not before. What's more, careful for what you wish for, because it could be far, far worse. The EU have stated they will not change the agreement, so which ever political party is in power, its going to have to deal with the situation the UK is in.

Why do you think there is a minister for work and pensions? Why did she recently announce a delay in the roll out? You really think none of those ministers are doing any work in their departments? All that Brexit has impeded, is the introduction of new bills and Acts of Parliament. It does not affect the working detail of policies of existing legislation, which a government department can change at any point it wants.

Now, on May, there is no guarantee that the challengers will get the required 159 votes for no confidence. And if they don't, she can not be challenged for a year. Given the slow grind to get those letters to the 48, I think she will hang on. But anyway, what can be worse than a party that created this whole brexit mess in the first place? That forced unnecessary austerity on the poorest that helped guide that result no doubt? Labour do not have the level of division on the EU that the Tories have. Labour would be perfectly happy with a soft Brexit.

• 2 weeks later...

The idea of combining these benefits into one is a sound and reasonable proposal, the real reason behind it was to save money and make it more simple and hopefully, fewer mistakes are made with over and or underpayments.

What was not mentioned was the 3 billion pound cuts hidden within it, this has been the root cause of its failure and the cause of so much hardship, having your housing benefit paid in arrears and not in advance (the real world here folks)is also plain dumb, it will have to be paid out at some point.

The tories really do not like the thought of people getting "something for nothing" without considering where the money comes from to pay for it. Us the tax payers!!