Bins on footpath

Worker

I've noticed that since the larger blue bins were introduced more houses and flats leave one or more of their bins on the footpath, even if they have sufficient space in their front garden.

This is annoying on narrow parts of the footpath and doesn't look that flash.

Is there anything that can be done (I've considered a kung-fu kick to each bin but that will only help my anger and will not help the aesthetics).

As pleasing as the thought of the cops staking out a misplaced bin and rushing the offender when he turns up is, I'd settle for a quiet word from the council at this stage. Or maybe the binmen could just keep any bins left permanently on the footpath? Or maybe I'm just getting old and grumpy.

Ha ha, make sure it's the brown bin for organic material (though you may be an organ donor in which case consider jumping in the blue recycling bin).

I completely understand why people with little or no front garden are forced to leave their bins on the footpath. It's the people who just don't care who annoy me (this applies to most ED issues, not just bins).

Anyway, I've already had a dodgy PM in response to my post so I'll stick to reading other grumpy people's thoughts from here on.

Thanks all.

Good for you. Someone in our street taped a message to the bins that she left in the road everyday saying how important it was to her that she had a parking place. And no, she wasn't disabled. I have been known to move them.

Lynne

the-e-dealer Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The bin movers turned up but the vehicle didn't

> suggest you call Southwark.

It's not even a blue bin day today! I have emailed the council as my brown and green bins were strewn over the pavement too!