> I also have received an email today saying my

> original parcel is now out for delivery today

> (despite originally saying it had been delivered

> and signed for by me). Very strange. And annoying

> as new items have been sent out and now I need to

> return these when they arrive. On a positive note

> hopefully this shows issues are slowly being

> resolved and service improving.

Doesn't sound like issues being resolved to me!

Sounds like an office still in total confusion!!

There have been a lot of issues over the past few months with RM using temps, some of who have turned out to be thieves. This is well known in the area, and known by the Royal Mail also, as they have an ongoing investigation. I myself have had a number of items stolen (proved stolen, not just gone missing).

I've just sent this to Craig at the Royal Mail, copied to Helen Hayes and James McAsh

Dear Craig,

I received an email this morning telling me that a tracked parcel had been delivered by Royal Mail to my address. It had not been delivered to me and after checking with neighbours, and in any possible 'hiding places' at the front of the property, I established that it had not been delivered at all. Since the item was ordered via eBay I am now establishing if it is I, or the seller, who has the obligation to complete your complaints process.

I am furious. I have been aware for a long time that, since the closure of the Silvester Road Delivery Office in East Dulwich, there has been a chronic problem of theft and inefficiency in our local Royal Mail service. I now consider that we can no longer rely on Royal Mail to operate in our area. Royal Mail is therefore in breach of its legal obligations. I am copying this email to Helen Hayes and James McAsh who I know are pursuing this matter.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a parcel worth ?300 go missing before Christmas. I contacted Espirit who had used Royal Mail to deliver it. Royal Mail told them they had tried to deliver (hadn't) and had left a card (hadn't) and had a left the parcel with a neighbour called Mr Khan. To this day Royal Mail have not been able to provide myself or Espirit with a street number for Mr Khan. I don't know him and could not locate him. I presume they have proof of delivery to him but they did not appear to be able to locate the parcel. After nearly two months of fighting i finally got a refund but who knows where the goods ended up? Royal Mail are appalling. The only two parcels i had trouble with during the Christmas rush were the only two parcels using them - everything else was absolutely fine.

Now i just don't buy goods from anyone who uses them as a carrier.