Recommendations for villas / holiday companies please

byngo

Hi

We are trying to stave of Jan / Feb blues by thinking about booking a holiday somewhere warm for say April / May / June. We would like our own villa / apartment, ideally with garden and/or pool close to beach and town centre but actually outside of the town so it is nice and quiet (we have 2 light sleepers!). Doesn't need to be flash but clean and with all amenities. Not fussed where we go as long as reasonable warm, not too far (max 3 hr flight)and good for families with young kids. Any recommendations of villas or holiday companies people have used would be fab. Thanks

We always use www.ownersdirect.co.uk, which as the name suggests puts you directly in contact with the owner, so no agencies, no hideous "welcome" meetings, nobody trying to sell you day trips etc

Owners are available by email/phone so you can find out extra information like who is the best car hire company and all that kind of practical stuff. We found one family who had a 2 year old boy when our were 3 and 1.5 so we had the added bonus of the house being stuffed full of suitable toys.

Def worth a look x

Hiya, we went to this place south of Naples last year http://www.domuscilento.com/ with a 6months old and it was great. Short walk into town (short, steep hill), nice seaside place with lots of restaurants etc. Nice little beaches too - all in all, we found it perfect. Alternatively, I have heard very good things about this company: www.totstotravel.co.uk, though not used them myself.

We went here in September with our then 16 month old:

http://villajalon.com/

which was brilliant. We flew Easyjet into Alicante and it's just under an hour drive from there. It's run by an English couple and they are excellent at catering to families. You have your own appartment in which you can self cater the whole time if you wish, or if you would prefer you just let Sarah know in the morning and they will do lunch and/or dinner. Plus they do baby tea time at 5pm where all the kids (there are only 5 appartments) have tea together (she will puree if they are young), whilst the parents have some beers together. It's very relaxing alough a 10 minute drive from the nearest town and about 25 minutes from the beach. The grounds are lovely though with a sandput, climbing frame and some pigs and goats, which more that kept our one entertained.

• 1 month later...
hallo, I have just seen this thread as I am in the same position: looking for holiday with two kids under four and all other requirements bynoi mentioned. I have been looking at various websites but am still feeling completely lost, dont even know which country to concenrate on! I wonder if anyone has more recommendations please? we are looking to pay up to 600 euros per week. many thanks!