Stolen items - in a bush near you??

I was broken in to last week, They caught the guy that broke in, he was fresh out of prison, wanted to go back in, left his prints and waited to get picked up - said he hid my stuff in a bush and went back to get it and it was gone - if anyone hears of anything like this, let me know, I would love my jewellery back :(

He took watches, a camera with extra zoom lense, my granddads tie pin, my gold bracelet and cash :(

How infuriating - if he'd kept it, he could have given it straight to the police, even better than fingerprints and you'd have got your stuff back. Of course someone may have found it and handed it in (fingers crossed) but it could be stuck in the system, make sure the police follow up on it in a few days.

Is there any way we can get this out onto Twitter? I am on there, but don't think that anyone local would be following me (am very much a newbie), what you need is a local organisation to get the message out, who may have lots of local followers who wouldn't necessarily see it on here. Can anyone help?

I know it doesn't help you buntysammy, but the thief must have been pretty desperate (and stupid and selfish too). Will keep my eyes peeled too, and hope your belongings make their way back to you.

Sorry to say this, but if the thief's story is true (and why would he leave stuff in a bush?), then whoever found the stuff in the bush was either honest or dishonest.

If he or she was honest, then they would have handed the stuff in to the police immediately (or very soon afterwards) or at least reported that they had found it.

If he or she was dishonest, then they would have kept it or disposed of it for money, and aren't very likely to respond to an appeal for its return, on Twitter or not.

I really really hope you get it back, Bunty, but I don't think the chances are too high unfortunately :-S

Twirly Wrote:Yeah desperate to get back into the luxery prison service, if I had caught him I would of chopped his fingers off

-------------------------------------------------------

> How infuriating - if he'd kept it, he could have

> given it straight to the police, even better than

> fingerprints and you'd have got your stuff back.

> Of course someone may have found it and handed it

> in (fingers crossed) but it could be stuck in the

> system, make sure the police follow up on it in a

> few days.

>

> Is there any way we can get this out onto Twitter?

> I am on there, but don't think that anyone local

> would be following me (am very much a newbie),

> what you need is a local organisation to get the

> message out, who may have lots of local followers

> who wouldn't necessarily see it on here. Can

> anyone help?

>

> I know it doesn't help you buntysammy, but the

> thief must have been pretty desperate (and stupid

> and selfish too). Will keep my eyes peeled too,

> and hope your belongings make their way back to

> you.