snow joke

davidh

My wife who is eighty one insists that she is capable of clearing the snow enough to find my buried Zimmer Frame, only problem is the shovel is in the garden shed at the bottom of the garden, she is trying to use the spatula that she used in the frying pan with the reaching grip tied to extend it, but that is very small for such a big job.

If she falls on the snow she wont be able to get herself up and I cant lift her.

I was wondering if putting a big card in the front window with our phone number someone might phone to see that we are O.K.

Thank you. Zimmerlessman.

I can't be the only one who remembers when London had snow every year - and loads of thick fog that occasionally turned into nasty black smog.

One year the drifts were ten feet deep and the snow lay where it fell for three months straight - well into March.

windy.g Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Left London bridge at 10. Just got home. Trains

> terminated at queens rd Peckham due to broken down

> train. Got a bus eventually to camberwell then

> walked as no buses running on dog kennel hill.

> Good old London transport.

Seriously, it's not like iy's th first time in the last 5 years that we have snow in the south. Why cant TFL, or anyone for that matter, at least start learing how to deal with such a "crisis". Saying: Oh it only snows in the north" is pointles....