FREE! Pre & Post natal low impact fitness, Start @ 9-30am - caf? on the Rye

Sunlover & Bellenden,

No worries, Keep an eye on the thread and please add comments on exercise, moves, and things that you can't do just yet.

The plan is to get a Saturday group together and then after a few weeks branch out to during the week sessions... and as they are FREE its perfect!

Keep an eye on the thread :-)

PLH

Good morning all!

This is the Friday Rah Rah to have you ready for Saturday morning.

Will see you for 9-20am by the caf? on the Rye, and the key thing to look out for are people with a 1Ltr bottle of water.... thats us :-) I'll have you back by the caf? for c.9-50am and want to check in with the pace, just right, could be slower / faster etc. By this stage you will see alot of others turning up with bottles of water for the 10am group.

The weather looks set to be good in the morning :-)

And bring some change for a tea / coffee at the end.

PLH

Walked the dogs, been shopping to feed the wee ones, heading out to roller blade in Dulwich Park, and then onto the Rye for the 9-20 meet, and start at 9-30am for Londons only FREE and 20-min low impact cardio workout.

See you there, and..... bring a 1 Ltr bottle of water and change for a tea / coffee at the end :-)

McCabe

Went this morning and it was really good. Nice people, mix of post-natalness from a few weeks onwards, good exercise. Some with prams, if you're worried about what to do with the little ones. My toddler was entertained by the exercises! Come along...

No worries Strawbs,

Will be great to meet up next week.

The 6 of us used every second of the 20-mins, not a run or a jog to be seen, but a bit of powerwalking and jogging on the spot along with some stretching and toning. Having said that, if felt like 45-mins of fun!

Within about 10-mins, the mums (and to be) started the toning exercises by counting which included French, and took control of the stretching at the end..... this is the same as the 10am group - I'm there to team build and structure movements that you already know and probably do like..... walking, basic stretching etc. We can do a few more Saturdays to grow the group and then pick an additional day or two during the week.

Verds, pleased you enjoyed it :))

We finished perfectly on time so the 10am group got going a few minutes later.... 21 of us!

Good JOB ladies and great team work!

Best!

McCabe

Southwark, the London leader of FREE community fitness for all abilities!

Here is the Friday Rah Rah!

The sessions are friendly, fun and...... FREE!

Meet for 9-20am by the caf? in the middle of the Rye, and head off for 9-30am. Its just 20-mins but will use every second to make it feel like 45-mins.

Counting in French, Spanish, German, Auzzie and maybe English :))

Oh yes, remember to bring a 1 Ltr bottle of water for arm & shoulder toning and some change for a coffee at the end. :)-D

McCabe.

Congratulations!

We walk for 100m (c.5 stops), stop and tone the arms. There are no transversetwists, side bends, deep squats and for the arm toning, no raising above the shoulders. And for the pelvic floor, we have a special trick.... but you have to come along to the group as its top secret :))

Everything is based on what you would do at home, in the park etc... I take the lowest impact actions and put them into structure / routine.

Bring the pushchair, husband, sister, mum, dad or all of them.

So you answer your question, if you midwife / GP has said you can walk in the park, then thats just what we do.

If you can fill in a health form on www.AHM-Go.com and email it back to [email protected]... its that simple!

See you there.

McCabe

So pleased!

Did the 20-mins feel like 20-mins or 45-mins? I try to make every second count, but exercise is only the second part of it, inter-action with fun is the primary.

OK, having had two daughters let me give you ladies a snippet of the early days. Let me start with the youngest, Grace. Around the age of 5 she developed a rather strange activity that you had to watch out for...... I have never seen a child do this and was amazing to see!

If you want to know what it was, just ask and you will be so amazed!

McCabe.