Parking ticket for parking across a dropped kerb

edanna

Is there any way of requesting the removal of a dropped kerb? (I imagine there is no budget for this..). At the bottom of Worlingham Rd there is an old one that used to be next to gates but they have now been replaced with a brick wall (same one Lynne?) and has been marked for yellow lines. It?s within a few meters of a pedestrian dropped kerb so no need for it at all and would have a big impact on my usual parking spots if enforced.

A friend got a ticket for being parked adjacent to a dropped footway in Whorlton Rd a few weeks ago. When I checked the car was parked 10m from a 1m wide dropped pedestrian kerb. I suspect Southwark or their enforcement officers have been told to target dropped footways, and in our case just target any car in the close vicinity in the hope that people will blindly pay.

If I may suggest heading over to http://forums.pepipoo.com

Scan in both sides of the PCN from Southwark, block our your reg number / personal details - register on the forum for free and post what you've posted here and they will help you out.

There are many experts who will help you and certainly tell you if you have a case.

It seems most councils just reject appeals by default - the cynic in me sees that as an attempt to deter appellants from continuing - as many would be spooked and pay up after the informal appeal.

Anyway - the guys over there have helped me succesfully appeal most PCNS I have received over the years and also a couple of towings that happened several years back.

sillywoman Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> edcam Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Maybe just park somewhere else?

>

> Ahahahahahaha. Good joke. Have you even ever been

> to ED?

Yes. It's that place that's full of people who are surprised when they get ticketed for parking where they shouldn't.

Thanks dougiefreeman that?s a great tip. Will see what response I get on there. It?s such a complicated area so it will be great to get some expert opinions. I would just pay up if I thought I?d definitely committed an enforceable offence but the lack of yellow line or tactile paving suggests that this is not enforceable under Southwark?s own policies.

dougiefreeman Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> If I may suggest heading over to

> http://forums.pepipoo.com

>

> Scan in both sides of the PCN from Southwark,

> block our your reg number / personal details -

> register on the forum for free and post what

> you've posted here and they will help you out.

>

> There are many experts who will help you and

> certainly tell you if you have a case.

>

>

> It seems most councils just reject appeals by

> default - the cynic in me sees that as an attempt

> to deter appellants from continuing - as many

> would be spooked and pay up after the informal

> appeal.

>

> Anyway - the guys over there have helped me

> succesfully appeal most PCNS I have received over

> the years and also a couple of towings that

> happened several years back.