Advice needed with English tutor for English as additional language DD

Hello all

I have a DD who is just over 2 now.

English is not our primary language at home. My husband and I speak a mix of 3 languages often mixing words in the same sentence or mixing sentences in different languages when we speak.

Our DD is at a English speaking nursery. The staff there is lovely and caring, however they all speak English with accents as for all of them English is an additional language. Therefore DD is surrounded by broken English and has no source of correctly structured and spoken English with right elocution.

She also had a slight speech delay due to partial hearing loss because of Glue Ear. She had grommets fit yesterday so hopefully her speech will improve now.

We'd like our DD to have an English tutor to teach her correct English. I do not know what is the earliest age DC can start private tutoring, but taking into account that at this early age DC absorb languages rapidly I'd like to have your advice regarding that.

Another reason for having a private tutor is that we'd like DD to apply to Alleyn/JAGS so the tutor needs to be familiar with preparations for entrance exams for those schools.

I know that you might think that its too early to seek a tutor for DC, but as I understood good tutors operate waiting lists and it could take months until they can start teaching DC.

Please do not hesitate to advise or PM me with tutors details.

This is our first DC (10 years in making :-))) so I do not have much experience with tutors.

Any ideas/help would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Caroline

Archived