Positive news

djsenior

Hi East Dulwich. I've lived in the area for 9 years, my wife bought a flat here 1998, my family lived here in the 60's.

This post is to kindly as for people to post more good news here. I'm sick of reading of weird men, attacks, dogs dying etc etc...

I'm realistic, but we need more good news...

Thanks

had a wonderful day too ! hired the adventure playground for my daughter and her best friend for their birthday , (the one by sainsburys) and it was brilliant and very reasonable also hired a wonderful coffee/hot chocolate local man named paul who runs thelittlecoffeevan and that was such good value and great for the kids and parents . just finished unwrapping gifts and stuffing ourselves with chocolate cake so yes , a great day !:))

adventure playground is splendid isn't it - I did that same for son's borthday - very chilled, very helpful utterly lovely experience. The whole adventure playground things (DKH and Peckham) is one of the lovliest London things I think. Really wish there was one in Dulwich Park...

djsenior Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi East Dulwich. I've lived in the area for 9

> years, my wife bought a flat here 1998, my family

> lived here in the 60's.

>

> This post is to kindly as for people to post more

> good news here. I'm sick of reading of weird men,

> attacks, dogs dying etc etc...

>

> I'm realistic, but we need more good news...

>

> Thanks

Bit ironic....your only other post is about a supposedly crap meal you had at a well regarded vegetarian restaurant in East Dulwich.

I was shown around the marvellous Sands Films Studio in Rotherhithe this afternoon. Their share offer is proceeding well and they're on target to securing ownership of their own premises and so keeping this small local business in the community. I understand, btw, that the offer will now remain open through April.

Hi all,

Look out for the new wildlife garden being built on Peckham Rye (old depot site behind the stream ) - beautifully designed and set out for young and old. It should be open soon but do have a look through the gates. It will be a another little gem for everyone to enjoy.

Cheers.

had a lovely day on Lordship Lane today. went out to eat something in the sun and got chatting to someone I just randomly met who was also on their own, for a good hour. rarely happens in London I find and many places including East Dulwich can be a hard and sometimes quite lonely place to be at the weekend when you're single and it's spring/summer. reminded me of the lovely feeling I get whenever I'm travelling- making new friends and connecting with people :-)

Randomly met 2 different old neighbours from years ago from Goodrich road. Had a lovely long walk in Peckham Rye with the dogs....looking forward to the theatre on Thursday to see 'She Stoops to Conquer'...congratulations louloub27 - big love....zeban - there are loads of us singletons out there you are not alone! Sunday curry from Swadesh on its way......naughty.