Curry Club - Thursday 7 March 2019 - venue TBC

Michael Palaeologus

A good night with 9 people, including two new attendees who were made most welcome.

A few drinks in The Rose first and then next door to Omrith.

Omrith does seem to struggle with large-ish groups. One starter was cold and had to be sent back, it had possibly been prepared and then left while the rest of the starters were prepared.

Feedback on the quality of food was variable, some enjoyed, some not so much. Mine was OK but did seem a little congealed. Really, it took too long for food to be brought to the table.

Still, we were given a free drink when the bill was presented, 25 pounds each, inc tip. A little more expensive than others.

SO - Next month its Veer Zara http://veerzara-eastdulwich.co.uk/

I had a meal there a few days ago having not been there for a year or so. Previous experiences had been disappointing but my recent meal was good, so lets give it a go.

Meet in the EDT at 7pm and on to Veer Zara at 8pm

XX

I think Michael P. summed it up well..

My starter Sheek Kebab was cold and on return was dry. Vindaloo was mild and sauce was a thick sludge.

Peshwari naan was fine.

Was a bit disappointing but these things happen.

All the LL curry house seem to have good and bad days..

We all got Orange segments . After eight mints and an on the house Brandy / Liqueur

Restaurant was nice and warm. Staff were friendly.

DulwichFox

So, you are Declan. You were the only one of the two of you to use your given name as your original Forum name, so, no revelation there.

Many people post on this thread. Only two post items that are nothing to do with the Curry Club, its activities or their engagement with the Curry Club.

Is your ego so huge that other threads simply cannot contain it?

• 2 weeks later...