Sash Window Restoration

A huge shout out for Malcolm Tierney, a joiner and craftsman of the highest caliber, whose painstaking work on the three, enormous (3 meters high) sash windows on the first floor of my Georgian terrace, has been outstanding.

Taking each window in turn, Malcolm stripped the wood right down, replaced the badly rotten casings and aprons where necessary, and on the sashes themselves, cut out rotten bits and replaced them with like-for-like made-to-measure new parts, like an evolving jigsaw puzzle. He built up the window frames appropriately to fill gaps (caused where the house settled, a couple of centuries ago!) so that the windows now actually fit their frames. He also re-weighted the leads for me.

Malcolm has transformed my crumbling, stuck and rotten windows into draught-free beauties that glide up and down with a flick of my hand.

Malcolm?s knowledge of his craft is amazing and you really know your house is in good hands with him. He is meticulously polite, punctual, works a full day for you (8am to 6pm frequently) and is always very considerate about the inevitable disruption to your home.

He is very reasonable in his pricing.

I have used him now for ten years as I have slowly tackled the windows on each floor of my house and he has never let me down.

I recommend him very highly.

His number is 07775 657371.