BrandNewGuy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Ridgley Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Was we not heard 2016?

>

> Yes, but we were also heard in 1975, when Britain

> voted to remain. Why didn't you accept that vote?

In 1975 the politicians were coming out with lies like ' just imagine, everyone in Europe will be driving cars built in the UK' and no one envisaged that the EU would systematically asset-strip the UK over the years culminating in the EU giving Turkey a massive loan 2 years before the referendum, to take the Ford Transit plant away from Southampton with the loss of 600 jobs- and I daresay loans to set up mills for yarns that used to be spun in Yorkshire and are now spun in Turkey.

Within 3 years of us joining the EEC 2 of my own family lost their dairy farms in Wiltshire because of cheap imports. Then we had the set-aside fiasco which that arch-remainiac Heseltine benefited greatly from I bet....

Not to mention the FoM of hardened criminals and vicious thugs that are now in the UK protected by the ECHR

WE the REAL people have been royally shat upon by the EU

Imagine being on the same side as unc

The mortifying shame of it

?Brenda o neill is the voice of reason?

?Eu has asset stripped the uk? (not uk govts campaigning on free market manifestos to sell off uk assets. You don?t see the French gov being as keen to do the same)

uncleglen Wrote:

> > Within 3 years of us joining the EEC 2 of my own

> family lost their dairy farms in Wiltshire because

> of cheap imports.

> WE the REAL people have been royally shat upon by

> the EU

good working class REAL owners of huge amounts of land yeah?

you reckon that those people at canning town were disenfranchised landowning farmers too?

Apparently everyone who voted 'leave' knew exactly what they were voting for. And it was definitely the deal only agreed upon yesterday and which hardly anyone has actually read in it's entirety. Unless you're a Faragist in which case it is not brexit. But every single 'leave' voter, knew exactly what they were voting for and it was definitely the same thing... which may change massively by the end of the transition period, several years from now.

Dairy farms - cheap imports? WTF that is about? I am sure that last time I looked all fresh milk was from the UK and there was still masses of English Cheddar for sale. The scare about French UHT evaporated with tinned milk in the early 80s. But of course when we leave the EU Canadian, NZ and Aussie Cheddar will return to the supermarkets. There may be an argument on guaranteed commodity prices, subsidies and the loss of the Milk Marketing Board. And in latter years the strength of the supermarkets (price controls and restriction of trading anyone?). We'll leave the latter to the history books but saying that farmers went out of business all due to the EEC is rather simplistic. Right, now onto the Gulf War.

uncleglen Wrote:

> Brendan O'Neill is a voice of reason in all this- still the comments on this topic are so

> predictable

Would that be the same Brendan O'Neill who called on leavers to riot on Politics Live but then had an issue with Extinction Rebellion breaking the law by protesting? Is that all you have Uncleglen? Yet more support for hypocrisy over balanced debate?

Blah Blah Wrote:

> uncleglen Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Brendan O'Neill is a voice of reason in all

> this- still the comments on this topic are so

> > predictable

>

> Would that be the same Brendan O'Neill who called

> on leavers to riot on Politics Live but then had

> an issue with Extinction Rebellion breaking the

> law by protesting? Is that all you have Uncleglen?

> Yet more support for hypocrisy over balanced

> debate?

Lots of moans that Mogg & Sixtus took a bit of abuse now.

I don't approve but it wasn't that much compared to what some have gone through.

Mogg was heckled. Not pleasant no, but no-one was tanked up, throwing bottles and cans,or trying to fight with Police. Even saw a few Nazi salutes at the last remain rally, from a DFLA pro-Brexit counter protest. Not that any of those far right hooligans represent leave voters either. Half of them didn't even vote in the referendum, including their muppet figurehead, Stephen Yaxley-Lennon. No doubt they will all turn up for the pro Brexit rally on October 31st though. No doubt there will be arrests.