incident on barry road

headphonauts,

Many thanks for your reply; thank goodness there was nothing really unpleasant going on.

Having been kicked out by the landlord of a house once when I was a young student for the same reason - I say; the sun's shining, it's a weekend - party on!

Cheers.

Guys, you could not be further from the truth.

This was an illegal house party and the "criminals" broke in and caused a large amount of damage.

At approx 2 in the morning a party started in the new builds on Barry road which I live opposite. The police and council were called by several neighbours.

The party was still in full flow with a steady flow of guests at 6:30 in the morning. The police were called again and arrived to tell the party to keep the noise down. The council told me personally that they could do nothing as it was 8 in the morning. The police call centre was told that no one had been seen moving in yet over night the windows were blacked out with bin bags. This information was not passed on to the police on the ground.

At midday still going strong the police arrived having finally being informed that this was not a legal gathering. The legal owners of the property arrived and all hell broke lose. The police and owners were verbally abused by a crowd of party goers between 50-100 at points.

On entering the property one of the owners had according to one officers had a nasty turn and had to be taken away in the ambulance. The party goers continued to abuse the owners and even tried to enter the ambulance.

It took nearly 2 hours to clear away the crowd who abused residents and attempted to turn the situation into a race issue. I was personally abused as I went to my car by one drunk lady.

This was a seriously disgraceful act which has left a family with one member needing medical attention and naturally distraught at their property being violated and defaced.