WEDDING...help!

Seconding the suggestion of the Chumleigh Gardens almshouses in the middle of Burgess Park if you want a quirky setting and to give money back to the Community. Or the Garden Museum - lovely lovely setting!

For something a bit more funky I would definitely investigate SLG; it's an amazing space, just hop across the road from the registry office. Nearby there is also the Crypt in St Giles church. We had a brilliant joint birthday party a few years ago - I think max be about 70 tho? And also not sure if there would be room for a full sit down reception..

Further afield there is also that island on the Thames you can hire out... details here

Happy hunting!

My friends had their reception at the EDT but lots of the guests ended up downstiars smoking and bumping into uninvited guests in main bar and not really returning upstairs! I've never heard of that island before YAK and I love the idea of 'trapping' my guests onto an island!! God I sound like Bridezilla! Defo got the unique factor though.

This has turned into a really useful thread for anyone to browse who may be interested in a London wedding. Such useful suggestions. I feel like I have an army of planners now!

If anyone fancies adding 'must haves' for a wedding I'll greatly appreciate that too.

One things I've seen recently is a basket full of flipflops labelled 'Dancing shoes'. I love that idea!

Yes, as Otta says you can get hitched or just have your reception at the Horniman and then move on to the EDT or upstairs at the Mag. Neither were hugely expensive to hire (this was 4 years ago though) and solved the problem of the 11pm curfew and for us, gave our older guests the perfect opportunity to slip off.

tomo Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hey missmack,

>

> Congratulations on your engagement, how exciting!

>

>

> For a bit of wow factor and old school mid century

> glamour how about The Royal Festival Hall?

> http://ticketing.southbankcentre.co.uk/venues/venu

> e-hire/weddings (Not just suggesting it because I

> work there!)

> Although don't think you'd be able to party till

> the wee hours... Will keep thinking...

just checked it out. They have extension until 2am if required!!