Windows 8

right-clicking

I have playing around with this new O/S for the last six months and seen it through the three builds. Man Alive are Microsoft going to release this on the unsuspecting public? Joe average computer user is going to be scratching his head over it's schizophrenic interfaces!! Microsoft will be looking at a Lemon!!! Anyone else loaded this up yet? Any thoughts?

Not 100% about the Metro interface, I know it's for consistency across multiple devices (Phone, Tablet, Laptop and Desk) These apps are also cross platform. Its a launchpad and hang-out As soon as you start any non metro program you're on the desktop.

For me the best thing is under the hood, Microsoft have fully utilised multi-cores/threading and even on my modest 1.6GHz x2 laptop it flies! Boots in around 5 seconds. The metro is another runtime built separate from the mainframe and runs alongside. This is very much like how Unix does things.

the-e-dealer Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Anyone who adopts a new Microsoft OS without it

> being bedded in for a year or two is asking for

> trouble.

It might even be wiser to skip a generation and go for a future Windows 9. Hopefully, by then the metro interface is intuitive to use. Windows ME was acknowledged to be crap but was followed by Windows XP which was great. Windows Vista was crap and was followed by Windows 7 which turned out great. Microsoft have already stated that their product development cycle is three years. So waiting for a year or two means you have less time having the latest OS.

the-e-dealer Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Anyone who adopts a new Microsoft OS without it

> being bedded in for a year or two is asking for

> trouble.

This would have been really useful advice a few years back before I got fucking Vista...