Beat the Ticket Touts

Trev

Just replied to another post elsewhere on the forum re tickets for sold-out gigs and thought this site was worth a mention here. It is an ethical ticket selling site, where tickets are bought and sold for face value & fees.

I have no connection to the site, but have used it successfully for both purchases and sales.

It's not ED-specific, so I stuck it in the Lounge.

Scarlet Mist

• 2 weeks later...
not just ticket touts but extortionate fees slapped on my ticketmaster the like. Makes my blood boil. I want to walk in to golden discs and buy the tickets for the gig without fee's but you can't any more. Ok ok I know it is more handy to buy online but bloody hell the fees are astronomical.

Some places charge a very reasonable booking fee... for example... ?2 for the entire booking - you can book for as many concerts at the same time for as many tickets as you like AND the money goes towards the company, one that is self funding and in desperate need for the help.

I completely grrrrr at companies, who have loads of funding from external sources and for a "non profitable" company can employ silly ppl in incredibly high and pointless positions for incredible amount of money, who whack on a fee PER ticket... sorry I'll stop ranting!

Ticket touts... if you're silly enuff to pay their prices then tis ya own fault :p