Ducklings

nununoolio

If anyone finds a duckling wandering about Peckham Rye Park nowhere near water, please pick it up and put it in the pond at the Japanese Garden.

I spotted one at dusk today on the grass opposite Harris Boys. Thinking some sort of homing instinct would direct it back to it's mother, I followed it in an effort to ensure a fox or dog didn't kill it. After 20 minutes zig-zagging across the park at a surprisingly brisk pace, I realised it didn't have a clue where it was going, especially when it wedged itself against the wildlife garden fence and tried to climb it!

I guessed it was from the brood residing in the Japanese Garden and carried it to the water's edge. Luckily, it let out a few high pitched quacks which brought mum and the other ducklings out from under the reeds on the island to greet it.

I know a couple of people have reported similar incidents in the past two weeks, so I'm guessing there is at least one duckling in the park with seriously faulty radar

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• I came across this yesterday in the FAQ on the Nectar help page, which might be helpful for anyone shopping there while the system's down. If the service is down, will I still receive my discounted Your Nectar Price? Answer If Your Nectar Prices is unavailable, continue to shop as usual. We will identify where you have missed out on a discount and issue you a cash refund voucher via the Nectar app for use on a future purchase by the same shopping method as the original transaction. To redeem the voucher instore, simply swipe the voucher at the till when you checkout. To redeem the voucher online, find the voucher in your online coupon wallet and apply it at the checkout.
    • Glastonbury is on the Somerset levels, drained land with a very high water table and when it rains......  I'm not sure of any other major festival that has this situation.  I really enjoyed 85, but not 97 when it was not just wet but cold.  Two or three later years even worse rain, and with larger crowds even more of a quagmire.  Most Glastonburys are hot and sunny.
    • Saw a mum and dad spotted woodpecker feeding their babies in the Gallery gardens.
    • Neither side has clean hands and the same applies historically. That is why I cannot fathom people taking sides, especially people with no connection to, or knowledge of, the region. It's incredibly complicated and, I fear, impossible to resolve. 
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In