Hair nightmare

I had this and I eventually gave up and went back to my natural hair colour (darker brown) and found a colouring kit (to cover the greys!) that matches my colour so I can do it at home. It took a while to get used to the colour but it is so much better now that I don't have to worry about it!

Without the colouring bit I don't find it as hard to get my hair cut because it is so much quicker than when you need highlights too.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you srisky for the recommendation.

I do only do cutting and blow drying as I have found over the years colouring especially foil work in the home is, I think, just too complicated though I do know other hairdressers will do it.

If you would like my work the prices are:

Monday to Friday day/evening

Ladies ?25 / Men ?19 / Children (under 16) ?10

Weekend

Ladies ?35 / Men ?29 / Children (under 16) ?19

Making an appointment: Please try to give me as much notice as you can as sometimes I can come at the 'drop of a hat' but at other times the calendar is quite busy and I might be only able to offer you an appointment for the following week.

I also happen to occasionally promote myself in the NCT magazine. There may be members of the forum who remember me coming to their home to do their hair in the 1990s!

I have many clients with babies - its one of the many reasons that people choose a home hairdresser. I always allow an hour and a half just in case there are interruptions in the haircut so that we are under no pressure.

If you are OK with all the above then I would be happy to cut your hair at your earliest convenience.

My practice is that you do not wash your hair before I see you and I bring all equipment and styling products with me.

All you need is shampoo and conditioner.

Thank you very much.

Victoria

Tel: 07956 591944

• 4 weeks later...
I have just had my second cut with Victoria and she is great. I have spent ?000s on fancy, London salons and am very fussy, but Victoria knows hair. She really does. Thoroughly recommend her. Went out tonight and someone commented on how good my hair looked straight after a visit from Victoria.

Dulwichdame - just a warning - DON'T get a Groupon Brazilian Blow dry deal with Ginger Group. The advert is totally fraudulent and basically you won't be able to get an appointment. Got my money back through Groupon once I realised this, but what a hassle and disappointment! Looked like a really good deal at ?69...but NOT!

The brazilian blowdry is the best thing I've ever done! Can wash my hair & it dries perfectly. No need for straightening irons/serums/mousse etc. used to take me two hours to dry and straighten my hair, now it takes 5 mins!

will be booking another appointment in 3 months time to have it done again!

Carly did mine, she will come to yours to do it and her number is 07903 241 170

ETA: she also does cutting and colouring.

• 1 month later...

Just a follow-up. My hair still looks fab two months on and my hairdresser Carly is now doing the Brazilian blow-drys at a special price of ?80! You only need to have it every 3-4 months, so it's a great investment if you have to spend hours styling your frizzy hair.

Carly also does cuts and colours and also cuts children's hair, she has a toddler herself so is great with kids.

Can't recommend her enough- she's mobile and can do all sorts of different times. Her number is 07903 241 170!!!

Also, as a side-line, she also does ironing, will pick-up and drop off and very reasonable.