Ivy House owned by trust fund hippies?

katesonic

Hey apologies didn't mean to offend those who put in the time and energy to get the pub up and running.

Thanks for flagging up the community open day on the 7th of March.

Unfortunately it clashes with Southwark Homeowners conference although that finishes at 5pm.

If you want I can take a couple of tupperware boxes along and bring sandwiches back in the evening guys? The council always overdo it at these events...:).

Offering this as I'm aware the Ivyhouse management committee were reluctant to appoint auditors even after the floor tried to explain these could be non elected members and would not cost like external auditors do and there is unlikely to be any freebies (sandwiches) for existing shareholders.

If you think my offer to purloin a few sandwiches is strange I'd like to know why you think it's not strange to appoint auditors particularly prior to launching another share release and where the committee admitted there was a hole in stock? What exactly are funds being used for?

Having a party is one way of keeping people sweet I suppose.

No doubt we'll be hoping a lot of prospective shareholders will be woooooed! so further 'local/community' events can be organised.

K.

I find it quite appalling that the staff went on strike at the Ivy House over pay and conditions. I'll wager that they were already being paid a decent barstaff wage with it being community owned, rather than a ruthless pubco like Young's. I'd have dismissed them all on the spot.

Shivering swan1 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I find it quite appalling that the staff went on

> strike at the Ivy House over pay and conditions.

> I'll wager that they were already being paid a

> decent barstaff wage with it being community

> owned, rather than a ruthless pubco like Young's.

> I'd have dismissed them all on the spot.

Do you actually know the background to this?

If not, maybe better not post?

Shivering swan1 Wrote:

Many pubs I go to have told me that with the East European staff exodus bar staff aren't as easy to come by these days.

If we have to pay more for bar staff due to supply and demand then prepare to pay slightly more for a pint (I notice I'm already paying ?6 plus in some pubs)

Shivering swan1 Wrote:

What a shame that the Brothel is no longer open on Underhill Road as this may have provided alternative employment. How and why would you have sacked them on the spot? I'm not particularly sympathetic to the staff at that time but your post does amuse me. What is a decent wage by the way?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Katesonic,

We get that you don?t like the place now however there is non need of spreading false information around, you should have done some more research instead of just posting a thread like this.

It?s very disappointing to see people post like this just because a place doesn?t please them...

Anywhoos, peace and love ✌️