Southwark COVID cases today 58 but Lewisham only 18

yorksgirl

It does depend who you are testing - we will know for sure once an antibody test comes out as it will show how many people recovered.

If you test only in hospitals where only the most ill go - you will get a higher mortality. if you test in a club for U25s (say over a month) you'll probably get 0%

dbboy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> (todate) Number of fatalities = 71

> (todate) Number of recorded cases = 1950

>

> 71/1950*100 = 3.64% mortality rate

it's correct figures but we decided to only test those who turn up in hospitals or were at risk - so mortality is 3.64% amongst those attending hospital or were at risk (not the entire population).

'chief medical officer for England Chris Witty said at a Number 10 press conference: ?We will pivot all of the testing capacity to identifying people in hospitals who have symptoms.?'

Proper testing of the population will follow when we have the antibody test and can see who has been exposed (Boris mentioned it in PMQs).

Seabag Wrote:

> What do we expect from a man who?s lied through

> his teeth in every job he?s been in, then he gets

> voted in as the ?get things done? leader of the

> country.

>

> We?re being led by a team of ministers and a party

> that supported the lies, so it?s unlikely they?re

> going to change their tactics now. In short they

> care little for telling the truth, because the

> truth is almost unbelievable in this case. They?ve

> cut and slashed the arse out of the NHS for years,

> underfunded it, undersupplied it too. And it?s now

> becoming glaringly apparent in the worst case

> possible situation. The gamble they?ve been

> playing for political gain has backfired.

>

> We ?the people? will take the brunt of it.

> Johnson, who?s so wanted to to take the glory of

> leadership is now facing the unvarnished and

> unspun truth of it all. Look at his face now, it?s

> harrowed and haunted, though we?re not even in the

> most perilous ?thick of it? yet.

>

> I?d not expect too much of most of the people in

> charge, they?re conducting a self interested arse

> covering excercise as much as a COVID-19

> management plan.

>

> Information will be drip fed, leaked in, revealed

> by journalists I reckon. The current government

> won?t be the source of all the information we need

> I fear.

>

> However, in times like this the EDF comes into its

> own. It?s good to be able to ask and discuss with

> people, the questions we have and look for some of

> the answers we might need. People on here are

> generally good hearted and generous. There?s a few

> weirdos, but we like it like that.

>

> Thank you to the EDF 👍🏽

And of course there are the lowest of the low trying to make political capital out of a serious situation....you have just done a general commie rant and it is NOT clever or useful

dbboy Wrote:

> don't know where the money tree came from

> Agreed, they are throwing money around just like

> it was feared Labour would do, but this is because

> of the danger the virus can do both health and

> financially.

>

As I said, I was talking about the other spending in the budget, not money connected to the coronavirus situation.

uncleglen Wrote:

------------------------------------------------------

>

> And of course there are the lowest of the low

> trying to make political capital out of a serious

> situation....you have just done a general commie

> rant and it is NOT clever or useful

And up he pops, fanning the flames .....

Folks, trying to mitigate death rates because of unknown cases is a red herring. ALL mortality rates are measured with those who die against those KNOWN to have the condition. So when a mortality of rate of 4 percent is apparent, it IS comparable to a mortality rate of 0.1 percent (as in flu).

The fact is that COVID19 which is in fact SARS CoV 2, is twice as infectious as seasonal flu and 30 times more deadly. This is a dangerous virus, have no doubts about that.

SARS CoV 1 had a mortality rate of 10 percent in the end. If you measure the global mortality rate for COVID19 vs those who have fully recovered, you are getting into the 9 percent realm.

On Boris - his flaws are well known. Has his government made mistakes already? Yes they have. Have they been slow to understand what is coming? Yes they have. As right wing free market conservatives, they are going to have to abandon their belief in libertarian economics. This is going to be as big a challenge for them as fighting this virus is.