Private nurseries: Staying open during COVID-19?

Wondering what other people's private nurseries are doing/saying about closure / fees etc.

Our nursery is saying it's business as usual as the government didn't specify private nurseries are to close like they did with state and private schools. As such they are open to all children. Seems like that's not right so curious what is happening with other people.

Thanks

My nursery is closing for the masses but will likely stay open for the key workers if required.

We have around 6 children that have at least one parent who may be defined as a key worker.

I know one mum works as a pharmacist.

If the other parent in the family isn?t a key worker, we?ll be 100% closed.

As far as I know we have no police or fire personnel or delivery drivers but I think we might have one carer/nurse.

Things are all up in the air at the moment.

If we open, our staff will take a week at a time, following the daily advice given.

Take care, everyone

Helen

xx

Okay so update from my nursery.

We are open for the children of key workers, of which my colleagues and I could also be classed in that category.

Basically we have around 18 children (half the nursery) of key worker parents, we thought would be less but we didn?t envisage that the key worker list would be so extensive.

So we are all working one or two days a week so everyone has a chance to work to actually earn, and the director is going to try and pay our contracted hours even though we are only working half.

So I work 32 hours a week and one week I?ll be doing 20 and the other week only 10, but the boss wants to pay us as much as he can.

He?s even saying to the parents not to pay the full fees, just enough to cover the staff wages so their children will be looked after by the same people when we return to normal.

Even the parents who cannot bring their children in, he will not charge even though legally he can.

He will allow the children of non key workers to leave then re join again when we are back to normal at no extra cost.

Instead of different shifts, we will all be doing 8-6 until further notice but will be working different days.

So there you go, and I said I?d be in provided I and my family do not come into contact with anyone who has been positively diagnosed.

Take care everyone

xx

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Latest Discussions

• The most recent one did, despite the council making it very difficult for anyone to object (which interestingly they were forced to change for the CPZ consultation and look how that went for them). I will dig out the responses for you when I have more time so you can enlighten yourself.   Ha ha...the language used by councils when they see the results of a consultation and need an out to ignore the views of locals...;-) Did you not notice how this only became a thing once the consultation had been run....one wonders why!? Earl you can bluster all you like but you cannot ignore the fact the council closed the junction to emergency services and put lives at risk and resisted all calls (from the emergency services) to open it for them. Surely you can't defend that  or are you willingly turning a blind eye to that too? Ha ha, which kind of begs the question then why so many of you get so vexed by One Dulwich? Surely you could compartmentalise their work if the above was true? I suspect it has a lot to do with the accountability that they are forcing and the fact some don't like it.
    • I believe around 57% of the 5,538 people who were part of the self selecting sample making up the original consultation, opposed the LTN. So just over 3,000 people. This was around 3 years ago now. I think there’s something like 40,000+ living across se22 and SE21 🤷‍♂️  The LTN is a minority interest at best. Whilst it’s an obsession for a small number on the transport thread who strongly oppose it, I suspect most locals quietly approve of the improvements made to that junction. …and we still haven’t heard who has supposedly been pressurising the emergency services and how (are we seriously going with the far left / the commies)? Is anyone willing to stand up and support the 'One' claim that people are partially covering their plates and driving through the filters due to inadequate signage? Again, it all sounds a little ridiculous / desperate. Feels like it may be time for them to start coming to terms with the changes.
    • Okay Earl, of those 'consulted' how many voices were in favour of the junction and how many against? Were there more responses in favour or more against? This local junction change is being driven by Southwark Labour Councillors- not as you assert by Central Govt. Also, if consultations are so irrelevant as indicators of meaningful local support in the way you seem to imply, why do organisations like Southwark Cyclists constantly ask their members to respond to all and any consultation on LTN's and CPZ's?  
    • You could apply the same argument to any kind of penalty as an effective deterrent.  Better than doing nothing. 
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In