Roofer

TTW

Recommending a roofer who has just done a great job on my house: Liam Say - 07757 305042 / [email protected]

I spent the best part of a year being messed around by the couple of roofers who are highly recommended on this forum - I won't name them. Nice guys but very limited availability, terrible communication, and one (the most highly recommended) promised to do the job, booked in a time then cancelled with 12 hours' notice - I gave up after repeated attempts to rebook him.

Liam is based in Tufnell Park but works all over London and I got glowing references for him that have proven to be accurate. Articulate, punctual, great communication and reasonably priced. Highly recommended.

• 1 month later...

I want to second the above review. There are a 2-3 firm favourites in terms of roofers here on the forum. It's been difficult to get anyone around to look at the issues we wanted addressing. I guess it doesn't help that it was only a day's work. First, it was difficult because all the roofers were busy after the heavy rain. Now, it's hit and miss who's working and who isn't (fair enough). But the communication, nevermind the work, has been awful whenever I have reached someone, e.g. one person came around but two hours early (unannounced) when I wasn't there and emailing back and forth for ages to try to arrange another time. Enough about everyone else though.

I read the above review and looked up a bit more about Liam. Reviews from happy customers elsewhere too. Contacted Liam - really clear, prompt communication. He went to look at the work, provided photos, an itemised quote, we spoke over the phone, gave further explanations over WhatsApp when I had some questions. Speaking to him on the phone, communicating over WhatsApp and email - all very clear, friendly, professional. I had a quote from another roofer for the same work, who wanted to charge more, wouldn't address an issue that I wanted fixed (they didn't think anything could be done, but Liam fixed it), and added thing or two that I didn't think really needed doing.

Liam went and did the work today - before and after photos provided, call to discuss the work (I wasn't at the property at the time), prompt and clear invoice received shortly thereafter. There was an issue with a cable that turned out to be a neighbour's cable, that was accidentally cut, and Liam sorted that same day too.

Really wish I'd found Liam earlier. Could have saved myself a lot of time chasing other roofers and not feeling at all confident that I was getting anywhere.

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to add to my above review as Liam just completed some work on a different property for me.

Again, really impressed with everything. Liam and a colleague did some work to the pointing and flaunching of several chimneystacks, as well as some other remedial work on a flat roof. He was also was very friendly and helpful about it when I requested evidence of public liability insurance.

Once again, it was a one day job (something it can be tricky to find a roofer to do, in my personal experience). Before and after photos were provided without a request having to be made, and they showed the work done very clearly. Good communication throughout, including an update when traffic was a bit heavier than expected so running a little behind schedule on the day (I'd already made clear my schedule was flexible, however, so wasn't an issue).

It's a relief to finally know of a responsive, communicative tradesperson for roof works.

• 6 months later...

Anybody got any more up to date info about Liam Say? He went to inspect my roof (I have a tenant living in my house at the moment) but has never got in touch since, despite my emailing him more than once.

It's as if he's vanished off the face of the earth.

I know these are difficult times, but if anyone can recommend another roofer, please let me know.

Archived