Daily Covid 19 briefing

dbboy

You need shorter odds, as with these ones everyone is a winner! (which we aren't, sadly).

Alternatively open a book on excuses that will be given for Cummings. I think mine would be "sorry for Dom, but what you need to understand is he is a complete twot" (odds on) (others can probably put this in a more eloquent way)

KidKruger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Do you think perhaps the whole show is

> stage-managed, which is why there's little depth /

> originality to the questions asked (or that

> questions are vetted) ?

I don't think it is stage managed - Boris headed off the DC situation but still EVERY journalist asked about it thereby wasting any useful questions (if they ever have any).

I live apart from my family and thought about what I would do if I was DC with a four year old child....I would have done the same thing. I did see a tweet from someone who said that if they had both got ill they could have put the child in the care of social services....

as if they haven't got enough to do

Any better suggestions? My daughter said they could have got an agency nanny in- (hopefully one that had already had the virus I suppose).....

Johnson 'headed off the DC situation' by dodging questions, here's some of the 'useful' ones he swerved...

-What did PM know and when?

-Did DC stop en route?

-Did he go to Barnard Castle?

-How can "self isolation" possibly cohere with long-distance travel?

-Did his child receive childcare?

-How can it possibly be said that DC's actions "suppressed the virus"?

The ruse they've come up with to play the sympathy card is childcare, something he could've easily got in London where they have close family, and I'm sure even Cummings has a network of close neighbours/friends in London who would've taken the child in had they both become ill and incapacitated. Ditto help with shopping etc. His wife could've easily self-isolated in their house, e.g. stay in a bedroom, probably even have her own bathroom facilities judging by the size of the house, safely away from other family members. Far less risk than driving for 5 hours in a confined space subjecting Cummings and the child to Covid viral overload. These are all things the rest of us have been doing in order to adhere to the 'Stay Home' policy...

Oh well another Downing Street briefing with the PM totally wasted.....at least we get to see the pit-bull press in their true colours- they don't seem to have a problem with flouting social distancing rules- much like the joggers of ED- and the rest

seenbeen Wrote:

> I live apart from my family and thought about what

> I would do if I was DC with a four year old

> child....I would have done the same thing.

Suffering with eyesight problems, would you have willingly driven a car for over an hour with your wife and young child as passengers?...

seenbeen Wrote:

> Oh well another Downing Street briefing with the

> PM totally wasted.....at least we get to see the

> pit-bull press in their true colours- they don't

> seem to have a problem with flouting social

> distancing rules- much like the joggers of ED- and

> the rest

Drank the Kool-aid it seems. Deluded.