Please .... take rubbish home

The easiest and most effective solution to this is to shut the park for a full day and do a big [socially distanced) clean up of the park. Put up big signs detailing why it will be closed citing the rubbish and why it will need to be shut again if this continues.

I finally visited the park after weeks of avoiding it due to the lack of common sense exhibited by many on a visit early on during the lockdown. Not much has changed, dog walkers, joggers and cyclists are still completely unsegregated from pedestrians.

Sadly, entitled and oblivious people seem to love the parks which isn?t a surprise, but I was sad to see the sorry state of the park. It is one of the only redeeming qualities of this areas overinflated rents and house prices. Many of the areas need basic maintenance as well. Let volunteers do the grunt work of litter removal and the council grounds keepers can mow the grass and do some much needed weeding, mulching, and watering. Enlist the secondary kids from the local schools. It is a common space that has benefited all during this crisis. Now, maybe people can come together to help care for it so it is here for everyone in the future.

My kids are getting back to school/nursery this week so I will have aome time to put into doing something on this which goes beyond frustrated posts here and to the council. If volunteers do come together on this, it needs to be more than a relatively invisible clean up job that the majority of offenders are oblivious to- and it needs council/friends of partnership. If anyone is interested in collaborating on this with me, let me know.

I'm sure a lot (most?) of the litterers are not frequent park users which unfortunately means getting the message to them (within the confines of the park) will be impossible.

That's why shutting the park for a day would have limited pay-back, those visiting infrequently wouldn't notice or care, while regular users (who I'm sure are better behaved) would lose use of the park.

Yes I am in for collective action, already emailing southwark and the police daily/weekly but this matter may only get worse b4 it gets better with the summer holiday looming..

rachp Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> My kids are getting back to school/nursery this

> week so I will have aome time to put into doing

> something on this which goes beyond frustrated

> posts here and to the council. If volunteers do

> come together on this, it needs to be more than a

> relatively invisible clean up job that the

> majority of offenders are oblivious to- and it

> needs council/friends of partnership. If anyone is

> interested in collaborating on this with me, let

> me know.

Yes I am in for collective action, already emailing southwark and the police daily/weekly but this matter may only get worse b4 it gets better with the summer holidays looming..and more noise / antisocial behaviour,,

rachp Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> My kids are getting back to school/nursery this

> week so I will have aome time to put into doing

> something on this which goes beyond frustrated

> posts here and to the council. If volunteers do

> come together on this, it needs to be more than a

> relatively invisible clean up job that the

> majority of offenders are oblivious to- and it

> needs council/friends of partnership. If anyone is

> interested in collaborating on this with me, let

> me know.