Train fare ED to London Bridge

Mcad87

Hi all,

Just a quick transport related question. I've recently got a new job working with The Financial Times up at Southwark Bridge and wanted to know what the best/quickest/cheapest way to get there would be? A few friends suggested catching the train from East Dulwich to London Bridge, even though it's quite a bit of walking it sounds like the quickest way. I got a bus up there for my interview and it took forever! Does anyone know the ticket prices/ monthly ticket cost? I have a pay and go oyster at the moment and don't want to have to fork out the ?120 a month for a travel card.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Matt

Now that is something I would be happy to pay for. Can't believe it takes me nearly an hour to get up to central London on the 176 everyday. I have to say I loathe that bus, always appears at random times, always busy unless I go into work an hour early and no matter which one I get the drivers always seem to change on Medlar Street in Camberwell... and everyone sits and waits for ten minutes or so. God I miss my car sometimes!

the-e-dealer Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> There should be a NO Tube Travelcard. Until there

> is Season tickets coupled with oyster PAYG are

> often a MUCH better deal.

Southern's DaySave ticket is the closest to that, ?12 for off-peak travel ANYWHERE in the Southern network, ?30 peak, ?100 flexi weekly or ?80 weekly off-peak. The only catch is these tickets have to be bought in at least 7 days beforehand.

http://www.southernrailwaytickets.com/buytickets/daysave/DaySave.php?sEvent=TicketDetails

I have decided to give a monthly season ticket a trial to see if I use tubes and buses enough to warrant a zone 1-2 travel card instead. ? How flexible are the tickets in travelling into London terminals? Will I be able to travel to London Bridge from Denmark Hill with my monthly season ticket? i.e. I am assuming E.D to Peckham Rye and then Peckham Rye to Victoria via Denmark Hill is acceptable?

Any help is appreciated!

adamj85 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I am assuming E.D to Peckham Rye and

> then Peckham Rye to Victoria via Denmark Hill is

> acceptable?

I think that would be fine. You can definitely use it to get to Charing Cross via London Bridge.

adamj85: "How flexible are the tickets in travelling into London terminals? Will I be able to travel to London Bridge from Denmark Hill with my monthly season ticket? i.e. I am assuming E.D to Peckham Rye and then Peckham Rye to Victoria via Denmark Hill is acceptable?

"

I would skp ED station and head over the hill to Denmark Hill station (buses are frequent form ED station/LL) and get the Victoria train from there.

The 1-2 zone travelcard will be fine, I do itmyself frequently as well as ED to LB.